The kids are at a really fun stage right now. It seems like Chris and I spend a lot of the dinner hour laughing..most of the time they have no idea what we're laughing about, but that's part of the fun too! Here are a few things that have come up lately that I just don't want to forget.
Mya uses the word "cozy" the same as someone would use the word cuddle. "Dad, can you cozy me?" One morning Chris got to work later than he would have liked because he just couldn't say no to "cozy" her on the couch.
Once in awhile, Max refers to his fingers with the names from the thumbkin song. "Mom, I can snap using my thumb and my ring man!" I am also loving the stage he's in where he tells me everything. From the time he gets home from school until he goes to bed, I pretty much can get him to tell me his whole day. I'm going to miss when he decides what to tell me and what to keep inside based on what my reaction might be. Lately some kids have been saying things to him to scare him and he tells us right away. I have had to talk to some of these kids and I fear in the future he won't want "to get the kids in trouble" so he will keep things to himself.
The other night at dinner Mya was laughing so hard she snorted. Chris asked her if she just snorted and she said, "Snorfed? what's that?" We of course started laughing and now they think it's hilarious to use the word "snorf".
Ivy is at the stage where she is saying hi to everyone she sees. When we are in the grocery store she sits in the cart saying hi to anyone and everyone. 99% of the time the people stop and talk to her and she just eats it up. We're also in the "Ivy, say____" stage. The funniest one is when we ask her to say Max, she says Mya:) Mya loves it, obviously Max does not.
Mya calls hand sanitizer "hanitizer". And whenever Ivy sees "hanitizer" she starts rubbing her hands together even though she's never actually had any on her hands.
I just can't believe how much Max is learning in kindergarten. He is starting to write words on his own sounding them out and loves to write notes to people. Last week I had a meeting and I didn't give them enough heads up that I was leaving after dinner so they were not happy when I left. I came home to this note on the door and it melted my heart. He was sound asleep, but wanted to make sure I came in to say good night:)
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment