Sunday, February 17, 2013

knives

These crazy allergies are not really something I hope to remember, but I wanted to write about our morning routine. The kids eat pretty much the same thing every morning. Max eats peanut butter and jelly toast, Mya eats a bagel with butter and Ivy eats either toast with jam or a bagel with butter. The tricky part these days is the use of knives! Depending on who wakes up first or wants to eat first, I can use 1-3 knives. Let me explain... If the order goes Ivy, Mya and then Max it's 1 knife. If it goes Mya, Ivy, Max, it's 2. If the order goes Max, Mya and then Ivy I have to use 3 knives! Soy butter for Ivy, regular butter for Mya and peanut butter for Max! Then I have to definitely use a different knife or spoon for the jam because I wouldn't want to get any peanut butter into the jam jar in case Mya ever wants something with jam! Crazy times....:) It would be hard to leave all three kids with someone who didn't understand these allergies because this is a lot to explain! Hopefully all of our careful label reading and utensil using will pay off and my girls will grow out of these allergies.

1 comment:

ahuinker said...

You are a GREAT mom, and when I watch all three kiddos, I will put 110% effort into following the very detailed instructions I know you'd leave me! :)