(this was her after I took away the marker)

This is the age Max was when Mya was born. Still kind of blows my mind how we got through that. I can't imagine bringing home a newborn baby right now and chasing around a little one who could very easily still choke on objects, eat something that was contained poison,climb on something dangerous, etc. When I mentioned to Chris that Max was 16 months old when we brought Mya home, he asked me if Max was this crazy at that age. I couldn't really remember so either he was and I chose to block it out or he was not such a wild child!
One thing that is very similar about Max and Ivy at this age is their love of books. I remember vividly how tired and "done being pregnant" I was at the end of my pregnancy with Mya so I used to sit on the couch in Cedar Falls and just read to Max. He would sit for 25 or 30 minutes and I'd just read the same books over and over again and sometimes I would even shut my eyes because I had the books memorized. I'm doing the same thing these days with Ivy. Her favorites are "Where's Spot?" and "Moo, Baa, La, La, La". Mya was taking some pictures with my phone the other day and captured this one.



No comments:
Post a Comment