Thursday, March 14, 2013

Random happenings

This week has been a bit crazy! Started off last weekend I went to Milwaukee to have a Luther girls weekend! Kindel and I rode up together on Friday night and didn't turn the radio on once....we live less than 90 minutes away from each other, yet our crazy hectic lives get in the way and we never get to catch up! Then we got to Emily's house and caught up with Rachel, Bree, Megan and Emily until 3am! It has been a few years (okay maybe 10 years) since I've stayed up until 3! Saturday we got a much needed coffee, went on a brewery tour, ate dinner and went to a wine bar. Unfortunately we lost and hour of sleep that night so I've been dragging a bit this week. It was all worth it though! So great to see the girls again.


pretty much a sign that we should have been on that brewery tour when we ran across this beer:)



About an hour after I got home from Wisconsin, Chris turned around and left for Georgia. He had to go there for work from Sunday-Wednesday. The kids weren't sure what was going on! My sister came down Sunday to spend a few days with us which was very much appreciated since Monday was my birthday! I had a great day, but honestly the best part came first thing in the morning. I had to wake the kids up because of this daylight savings deal and when I got Mya up, she got about 6 inches from my face and the first thing she said was, "how old are you?" It was adorable...she must have been dreaming about my birthday or thinking about it through the night because she was really excited about me being 33! The rest of the day was filled with shopping, phone calls, texts, e-mails, flowers and cake!




Tuesday morning I had to wake the kids again and Mya was acting a little strange. She wouldn't eat her breakfast and was telling me her tummy "hurted." Then she went to the bathroom, so I figured that was the problem and I took her to school. I headed to volunteer at Max's school and got a call 15 minutes later that Mya threw up at school:( So I went to get her and she ended up being a pretty sick little girl. The rest of the day she threw up every time she lifted her head off the pillow. All she wanted was for me to hold her, but every time I did, she got sick. Thankfully it only lasted 12 hours and she made it to the garbage can most of the time. Chris was feeling terrible that he was away during this and I was having to deal with it by myself and have a crazy 16 month old who I was trying to keep away from Mya. Little did we know...the next day I would be the one feeling sorry for Chris. He ended up getting sick in Georgia! Total nightmare...he had to get through the day with customers and fly home late last night. He is still not feeling well, but he's having to push through. We pretty much can't wait for the weekend!

3 comments:

Linda said...

You've had quite a week...Hope you're all feeling better.

Linda said...

You've had quite a week...Hope you're all feeling better.

Tracy said...

I hope Mya is feeling better. It was so great to see Chris! I hope he feels better too! Busy week you have had!