Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day and 5 years as a SAHM

I realize this is week late, but I wanted to share a few pictures from Mother's Day last weekend. I had a wonderful day hanging out with my kiddos and Chris. They detailed my van for me and made an awesome video of our time at Disney World. Chris is becoming quite the "techy" with his video making so I'm looking forward to lots more in the future! We went on a long walk and then took the kids miniature golfing. Chris did all of the laundry and I took a long nap! Can't get much better than that:)




I was thinking the other day that I have been a stay at home mom for as many years as I was a teacher. It's hard to believe. I remember my teaching days like they were yesterday, but when I realize my first set of 8th graders at Pleasant Valley are now college grads, I know I'm old! I'm not sure I'll ever go back to teaching unfortunately. I loved it and thought I was pretty decent at it, but I don't know if the schedule would work for our family. If I were able to find a part time teaching position, I'd be all over it, but I know those are few and far between. Thankfully, I get to use some of my teaching skills both on the tennis court and at home with my favorite students.

5 years later, I'm so happy I wrote that letter to Chris detailing all of the reasons I wanted to stay home. I was having a really hard time verbalizing it and it was hard for him to imagine going to one income. I'm still very thankful that it all worked out the way it did. I honestly have the best job in the world and despite the fact that I get no paycheck, no sick days, not a lot of "job well dones" and wear mostly yoga pants, I couldn't be happier:) I'm thankful for the group of moms that I hang out with that keep me sane, car pool, tell me about activities I need to do, watch my kids for me and always have a pot of coffee brewing when I go to their houses!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sweet post Beth! Although staying at home is probably much harder than teaching some days, I also have no regrets! And it all couldn't be possible without coffee. :).
Glad you are content and happy! Love Julie