Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cousin Fun

Last Sunday my brother drove down with his two girls Olivia and Grace to spend some time with us! (and to give his wife Amanda some time to finish up grading before the school year finished!) I've been wanting to take his girls to Jumpin Janes for awhile now. It was rainy and cold, which made it a perfect day to bounce out their energy! The kids had a great time and I'm pretty sure the adults did too...at one point I saw Brian racing Max on an obstacle course and he was giving it his all in order to beat the little guy:)



After we got home, the kids watched a movie for a bit and I found Gracie like this when I went to check on them:)



Despite the rain/mist, we still managed to have a driveway fire too! Brian brought down some wood that he couldn't get to burn. He wanted to have the pyro Chris try and sure enough, we ended the night putting the fire out with a hose because it was burning so well!



In the 24 hours they were here, the girls had every single dress up outfit we own on at least 5 times each. I think I put a sparkly tutu dress on Livi 15 times. Maybe more. By Sunday morning they were even putting on Batman and Spiderman outfits. Oh the fun these guys have together....I just wish I could bottle it up and save it for years to come. Zero fights and very few tears. (just once when Livi wouldn't give Grace the batman costume...I just had to laugh:) The girls did not want to leave when it was time. Brian threatened Grace that she would have to stay here and he and Olivia would leave and Grace didn't care at all! Eventually he got them in the car and hopefully they slept the whole way. Brian and Max bonded over basketball, Wii and a farm game on the iPad. Max was in heaven. So glad they came!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That cousin relationship is something special! So fun!