Saturday, June 29, 2013

horse camp

Last week Max went to the YMCA day camp and this year he had the opportunity to add horse camp as part of his day. He has always asked me to go horseback riding and since Chris and I are clueless about horses, I figured this would be a good opportunity for him to learn about horses and get to ride too! On Friday we were shocked to see him up on the horse...he had been telling us what he was doing all week, but I honestly figured he was exaggerating or someone was leading the horse for him while he was up on the saddle. I was wrong...the little buggar could make the horse go, stop, turn around and trot all by himself! He was so proud to have us there and now we have a little girl who wants to go to horse camp in the worst way! Next year we can send them both...it's worth every penny.

One of the best parts of camp was when the counselors told us what a good boy he had been and how respectful he was the entire week. I just love hearing that because it's not always how he is around home!



A couple more things about Max I want to note. We got some good news from my brother and Amanda this week...they are adding a baby BOY to our family! Max was so excited to first of all hear that Amanda was pregnant a couple of months ago. When I told him he said, "Oh, I hope it be's a boy!" It was so cute. I asked him why he wanted it to be a boy and he said because Brian likes me so much:) Then when I told him it was a boy, the first thing he said was Brian is going to be so happy followed by, they need to get a 3rd controller. (for the wii) That kid...thinking about video games all the time!! He had his 6 year well child check this week. All is well with him...48 pounds and 46 inches. Both 50%. That's all for today!

3 comments:

Tony & Tara said...

love everything about this post.

Kel said...

How fun! I am scared of horses, so if either of our kids ever want to ride one, it will be at camp, too! :)

Unknown said...

That kid is AMAZING...can't believe he's on a horse alone. Wow! and I know he loved it.