Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fun day with my kids!

Monday I decided to take my kids to Iowa City for the day and spend some time with one of my college friends and her kiddos! The kids have been asking to go back to the Children's museum for awhile now and they have been asking to do Build a Bear workshop for over a year and a half! The timing wasn't great...the last thing Mya needed a few days after her birthday was another "gift" but we are running out of time this summer!

The museum was a HUGE hit...we were there for over 3 hours. All three kiddos loved it. The grocery store was the best part in my opinion. They now have bar codes on all of the food so when you check someone out, a price comes up and then you can electronically "pay" for the food. It was awesome and my kids loved it. We also did the pizza parlor for quite awhile, spent some time with ramps and balls, the rocket station of course, post office, lego world, farmville, and the trains.


After the museum we treked across the mall to Build A Bear workshop. The kids were in heaven the second we entered. They got to pick out an animal (both picked dogs), put the heart in the animal, pick a sound for the paw, pick out outfits (Max picked a Marine outfit and Mya picked a bride..imagine that;) and then they got to brush the dog, pick out a name and get it registered and print a birth certificate. It was so fun for them and $62 later (ouch!) we were on our way. They wanted shoes, underwear, etc. but I told them if we buy all of that, Santa may not have any ideas for them! Can't imagine my bill if I would have let them have everything they wanted!

We had a few minutes to spare before we drove up to Cedar Rapids and so we rode the carousel. Max and Mya loved it and Ivy spent the whole ride reaching for me saying her trademark phrase these days, "hold you". We hit the road after the carousel and had a great night with the Haverbacks in CR! Our kids don't see their kids very often, but you would have never known it! They acted like best friends who see each other a lot. The weather got a little hairy around the time we left and we ended up driving through some crazy weather for a bit, but we also saw one of the best sunsets behind us and ahead of us was a dark sky with a rainbow!


All in all, it was a great day with my kiddos and made me really sad for school to start. I am enjoying having them home and will really miss them when they go back. Mya keeps asking me why I'm so sad for her to go to school! She can't wait so I should probably start getting excited with her. Max says he doesn't want to go, but I know he'll be excited once it gets here.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Bar codes in the grocery store now?! Sweet! Brady was just asking when we can go there.....I need to make that happen, but I usually save it for winter! The bar codes may entice me. :) Glad you saw Kindell and had a great time!