Last week replicas of the Nina and the Pinta from Christopher Columbus's voyage were here in Dubuque stationed in the harbor. I took the kids down to see them. It cost me $20 for us to get on the boat and we stayed on each boat about 1 minute and 30 seconds so I'm not sure it was worth it, but at least we got a history lesson about Christopher Columbus, the world being round, how long ago 1492 was, etc.

Ivy is becoming a little daredevil. I'm constantly gasping and she thinks it's hilarious and continues doing whatever she was doing, but just with a shitty grin. The big kids get on this car and ride down the hill and she managed to get herself on top of it this week. yikes! She also has figured out how to move a chair to help get herself what she needs. Below is a picture of her reaching for something in the snack cupboard.


My sister in law Amanda brought her girls down here for the day last Wednesday. We had a great day. We took them to Jumpin Janes and then out for frozen yogurt and to the park along with lots of play time at home! I thought this picture of all of the big kids was pretty cool.

Olivia and Grace LOVED the cars at our house when they were here. They could have driven for hours!

I took Max and Mya school shopping last weekend and we didn't get very far. I wasn't too impressed with sales so we decided to start school with what they have and get some better deals once fall gets here. They love to ride the escalator at the mall so I snapped a pic and then realized the guy next to them is going up the wrong side!

My college roommate Leslie and her family just moved to Cedar Falls from Ann Arbor, Michigan. So Bree and I went to CF for the day a couple of weeks ago and snapped a pic of the kiddos. I left Max and Ivy with Chris so I just had Mya with me. They all played so nicely and I'm really looking forward to more Happy House playdates! Mya was obsessed with Hattie and Hattie was obsessed with Mya so it worked out well:)

We finished soccer last Sunday. This is their last huddle of the season. (more on soccer to come..just need to get some pictures off of my camera!)

Mya got a new bike for her birthday so we were swapping out bikes and Max noticed his old green bike (that used to be his friend Tate's a long time ago!) and decided to start riding it again and popping wheelies.



No comments:
Post a Comment