Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! We went up to the twin cities on Wednesday afernoon. Ivy had a terrible time the first 2 hours because she basically woke up from a nap and we put her in the car. So we stopped at my parents for 10 minutes and she did better the rest of the way. We spent some time with Chris's parents and then Jeff came a couple hours after us. It was funny how exctied the kids were to see Uncle Jeff! He lives here in Dubuque, but they acted like they hadn't seen him in months!

Thursday we went down to Grandpa Bill's for a great day of feasting, ads reading, resting, feasting some more, crafting and ads reading some more! We hadn't met Chris's cousin Gretchen's daughter Emma yet so the kids loved seeing her.




Thursday night Chris, Jeff and I headed out for some Thanksgiving shopping. We couldn't believe how many stores were open and we had to see the madness. We went to Wal-Mart and basically walked out as soon as we walked in. The people were nuts. One little girl asked a store clerk how much something was and the store clerk yelled "I DON'T KNOW, WHAT DOES IT SAY??" I just had to laugh. So we went to Target and stood outside in line for 40 minutes freezing our buns off and laughing about how crazy we were. It was worth it..we got what we wanted and got out of there and back home in about an hour.



Annual Hoden family photo!


Friday we headed down to Decorah to see my family. We stopped first and my aunt Mary's house and met up with my parents, brother and Tony's parents and sister and families. The kids had a blast running around with the other kids and the adults had a nice time laughing and probably drinking a little too much wine! Afterwards we put the kids to bed and met up with the adults at Brian and Amanda's house for game night. Tara and Tony were surely missed, but it was neat how all the people there were there because of Tara and Tony. We'll have many many Thanksgivings with them in the future and I can't wait.

Saturday we ran the annual turkey trot. All of the details are coming soon when our family members in Asia run:) I don't want them knowing our times before they run because it could give them an unfair advantage! I will leave you with two things...1. My time had to have been affected by the wine the night before. 2. I didn't lose for the first time ever!

Saturday afternoon Grandpa Rog took the 4 big kiddos to a movie and the rest of us watched football, went shopping, and hung out in some peace and quiet! Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Olivia and Mya had a lot of fun in the bathtub as usual:)






The kiddos before the race:)


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Looks like you had a good time! Glad you got out shopping too. I suggested the Turkey Trot to my family and no one wanted to do it :( I think it is awesome. Maybe just me and joe and the kids should do it every year!