Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Movember and More

Chris spent the first week of November out in the woods of Maine looking at John Deere equipment with customers. And since it takes him a few days to get a beard looking decent, he decided it would be the perfect year to participate in "Movember" and grow his facial hair in support for Men's health awareneess. Here's the progression in pictures. First the full beard, then a goatee and then a fu-manchu. Yes..I let him go to work like this!! I have to say...it all kind of grew on me:)








Last week was the boy scout cake auction. You had to bring a dozen cupcakes/cookies or a cake or some sort and they had an auctioneer there to auction them off to families. I made some s'more cupcakes. Just a chocolate cake mix with marshmallow cream for frosting and then sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs and a hershey bar. I made a few extra for us and they were pretty tasty! Also Chris's mom made us some homemade dark chocolate fudge when we were there last so I got the recipe and made some for various things we've had going on in the last couple of weeks. It is so tasty...especially over ice cream!





Last Saturday our neighbors hosted the 2nd annual Friendsgiving. We all brought something from the traditional Thanksgiving meal and we all got together to celebrate before the holidays come and everyone's schedules are so busy. Here are a couple of pictures of the turkey and the enormous kids table:)





And lastly....Max and Mya came home from school with lots of Thanksgiving crafts and creations this week. They were all great, but this was probably my favorite. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I have so much to be thankful for this year and I'd definitely have to agree with Max:)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm going to have to steal that cupcake recipe--looks yummy!! Happy Thanksgiving!