The school is called George P. Nicholson Elementary. Website here if you're interested. We toured the school along with a few others and both Chris and I felt strongly that this is where they should be going to school. It was very warm, welcoming, not too big, had strong parent involvement, high academic standards, (16/782 elementary schools in Alberta) in a good area, some diversity within the school and most importantly, Max and Mya loved it.
I had been having kind of a tough week with everything going on and trying to get excited about the move. This definitely brightened my spirits and made me feel like everything will fall into place eventually.



4 comments:
This sounds like a great school for Max and Mya, Beth. I am sure you are relieved to get in to this one and it has so many advantages. I would love to correspond with Max and Mya about their school days. Maybe Ryan, Alex, and Leah could, too. Still hoping to get together with you before you move in June. Keep in touch.
YAY! So happy to hear this news.
That is excellent news! Good for you for making sure to find a school that fit all of your needs. Sounds like your plans are falling into place!
So glad you got this news, Beth, and that you'll feel comfortable and happy with where they are spending their days in the next few school years!
Post a Comment