Monday, September 1, 2014

August one photo a day

Holy smokes it's September already! That summer flew by for sure. Here are my August daily photos!


Day 213: A little backyard ball with Uncle Brian. It looks like just a casual game, but with Brian, everything is competitive and the kids love every second of it.
Day 214: Baby Quinn meets Chris:)
Day 215: A little game of duck duck goose on Family fun day!
Day 216: Some of my very favorite people in one picture:) In the 5 minute photo shoot we only had two kids crying and one band aid. Pretty successful if you ask me.


Day 217: So happy to have had some time to spend with these three!
Day 218: The kiddos had many snacks and meals out on grandma's front porch. This day they were enjoying Mabes pizza!
Day 219: Fun at the lake!
Day 220: A little lake wiffle ball. The only thing missing was Chloe! She would have loved to swim after the balls and bring them back to shore.


Day 221: This little girl is a mosquito magnet. I stopped counting bites at 30.
Day 222: If I post a sleeping picture of my kids (or my dog) it's usually because I haven't taken any pics that day. Truth is though...they're my favorite ones! Look how peaceful Ivy looks here:)
Day 223: We made it home! and even had a Welcome Home sign on our driveway.
Day 224: My job at the park just got a whole lot easier. Mya can now get herself up to the monkey bars!


Day 225: My neighbor's nanny is from the Phillipines, so I decided to ask her to teach me how to make spring rolls! They were delicious.
Day 226: An action shot of Mya jumping off the swings!
Day 227: All of my kids have loved to play in the sink. It creates a big mess, but it buys me a bunch of time. I can unload the dishwasher, load it and make dinner all while she plays!
Day 228: Chloe Jo missed the AC during the hot stretch of days a couple of weeks ago! She didn't set foot upstairs for a few days. Smart pup.


Day 229: We went downtown to the Fringe theater Festival and Max learned to walk on stilts.
Day 230: My dad and I have hot feet...you can often times find us with our feet hanging outside the covers on the bed. Looks like we passed the gene onto Mya:) I went to tuck her in and found her feet like this. Pretty genius if you ask me!
Day 231: This trampoline saved me this summer! They spent lots and lots of time jumping. Definitely worth every penny!
Day 232: Max and Mya were at camp so I decided to get my oil changed while I only had one kid. Problem was, Mr. Lube was attached to Wal-Mart and the stuffed animals were right outside the oil change door. So the $89 oil change (yikes) turned into $99 when I had to buy this horse that we most definitely didn't need. Could have been worse I guess!


Day 233: Well, summer is officially over in Edmonton! We have had one or two warmish days since then, but mostly it feels like the beginning of October! I'm not complaining because I love fall, but the problem is going to be when it's the beginning of October and it feels like December!
Day 234: One of our favorite things to do at the park!
Day 235: We went on our first adventure to Banff! Here are my kiddos at Lake Louise.
Day 236: Good-bye Banff! What a great weekend getaway we had. The views were spectacular!


Day 237: Mya did a gymnastics camp and they asked her to try out for the competitive team! Here she is at the try out. We have gone back and forth on whether to let her join the team. It's a lot of time and money. We had our mind made up, but then the head of the gym called and really wants her and had answers to all of my concerns! So...we're back to trying to decide what to do.
Day 238: Happy National Dog day to Chloe! Figured she deserved a pic of the day before 10pm like usual:)
Day 239: There are a couple things wrong with this pic....that my 2 1/2 year old can ride a razor scooter with ease and that said 2 1/2 year old has a paci in her mouth! Also, she is doing that all with flip flops on. yikes.
Day 240: We had an orientation for new students at Max and Mya's school so Ivy missed her nap. I hadn't heard from her in awhile so I went looking for her and almost whacked her with the door! She even covered herself up:)


Day 241: This was our last day of summer so we went to the Telus World of Science Museum. I planned to be there for 2 hours max, but we stayed for 4. the kids loved it.
Day 242: Chris and I have ended most days the last couple of weeks watching our newest time waster show Suits on Netflix. We love it and are totally hooked!
Day 243: It was a beautiful day so we decided to play some tennis with the kids and neighbors.

That's our August in a nut shell! Stay tuned for tomorrow's first day of school post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It appears you have had no problems making friends in your new home! I'm so glad! I really do love the picture every day, thanks for doing it! Good luck with all the school firsts this week!