Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September one-photo-a-day

Happy October everyone! Even though I thought winter was coming in early September, we ended up having a pretty nice month! But now that it's October it's time for pumpkins, apples and everything in between. Here's a little glimpse into what September looked like around here.

Day 244: Our blender starting smoking one morning and it wasn't the first time. So Chris decided an engineering lesson would follow with "how a blender works 101" with Max and Mya.
Day 245: 1st Day of 1st and 2nd grade!
Day 246: On this day Maxwell turned 7 1/2. I picked them up for lunch and we went out for lunch to celebrate!
Day 247: Some serious bey blades before bed. My kids used to take their shirts/pants off during the night if they got hot, but eventually they just went to sleep in their undies to save the hassle. Can't really blame them:)



Day 248: I finished this book...awesome read if anyone is looking for something and you haven't seen the movie yet!
Day 249: The gym had a family picnic so the kids had a great time running all over and using the equipment.
Day 250: 1st day of the NFL season for the Vikes! We caved and bought the NFL ticket so we could catch all of the Vikings games. Too bad we won't be sporting our #28 jerseys anytime soon...or ever.
Day 251: On this day we woke up to flurries and my car read 36 degrees and flashed this ice warning on my dash! It was September 8th. Not cool Canada, not cool.



Day 252: Our new tradition when Chris is gone is to all (Max, Mya and me) sleep in our big bed that we got when we moved here. In Dubuque I let one kid sleep with me each night he was gone, but here we can all fit. Ivy doesn't know about this yet, but when she figures it out, we may be in trouble:)
Day 253: One of my favorite parts of the day is seeing these two come running to the car. Unfortunately for them, they have to run a long way because I refuse to be at pick up any earlier than I have to be. In order to get a decent spot, I'd have to sit there for 30 minutes plus. Maybe on a -40 degree day I will, but for now they can run!
Day 254: My family is here!! Ivy was pretty excited to see everyone;)
Day 255: Max was showing Quinn his lego guys...thought she would like them I guess!



Day 256: Family card night. My friend Emily posted a comment on instagram "shirts vs skins?" That definitely should have been the caption for this photo!
Day 257: Mya takes the term "mother's helper" to a whole new level.
Day 258: A quick little couch photo shoot with baby Quinn in her cute horse outfit!
Day 259: A little post-bath TV time for these 4:)



Day 260: Had to say good-bye to Tara and Quinn on this day. I was so proud of my sis for making that long trek on her own and doing so well! If you'd like to read about her adventure you can read it here.
Day 261: Max decided Mya wasn't running fast enough to the car so he carried her backpack for her! I'd say mission accomplished because she made it to the car first!
Day 262: Ivy tasting some peanut butter bars we whipped up!
Day 263: In Edmonton, every neighborhood is a part of a community league that consists of 3-4 other neighborhoods in your area. The kids do their sports through the community league..so you play soccer, hockey, etc. within your community league. This day they had a big family day for us all and the kids had a great time eating cotton candy, snow cones and popcorn!



Day 264: Chloe was loving this 81 degree day in the sun!
Day 265: Max's first orthodontist visit. His jaw is going to cost us big bucks, but it will be worth it:)
Day 266: On this night Ivy was sick of M and M reading to her so she decided to take over the duties and was reading to Mya.
Day 267: Ivy's first day of Kindermusik. I enjoyed the class, but it definitely wasn't the same without all of my Dubuque friends! I kept waiting for someone to say "come over for coffee after this!"



Day 268: I had to wake this sweet girl up to take the kids to school AND I had to wake her up from her nap to go get them this day!
Day 269: Max and his buddies who sang O Canada
Day 270: This day was a great day to use every spare blanket in our house to build a giant fort and watch movies.
Day 271: Mya wanted some one-on-one time so we went to Starbucks and then grocery shopped! I loved that she wanted to bring her baby, wear a hat and carry a purse, but I hated that she asked me if I thought people would think she was weird. I don't like that she's starting to care what others think.



Day 272: Well, I guess if Chloe won't use it, Ivy might as well read her books in her bed.
Day 273: Mya and Ivy doing a little "light" reading in the ortho waiting room while Max had his appointment.

No comments: