Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

The kids had a great Halloween. Thankfully, it was exactly the same as it was back home (minus the people of course) We went trick-or-treating with some neighbors. Max ended up running ahead with some buddies of his, but it ended up going really well! The weather cooperated and the candy was plentiful, so we had some happy kiddos who woke up with sore legs/ankles from all the running they did!

Ivy was just in heaven. She didn't remember anything about it from last year. She has seen some tv shows where kids went trick-or-treating, but when it came time to go to the first house, she had no idea what to do. It only took her one house and she was off running with Mya and two neighbor girls. She said trick-or-treat continuously until the person at the door put candy into her bag. And speaking of the person at the door...so many more people were dressed up here than in Dubuque. I'd say at least every other house had someone dressed up! You'll see it in a picture below. Also another thing I want to remember...at one point Chris had to adjust Ivy's mask/hat thing and when he took it off, she said "Now I'm Ivy!" and then when he put it back on she said "Now I'm Olaf!" It was pretty cute. Also when you asked her who she was, she would say "Hi, I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs" which is a line from the movie:)

When we went to get M&M after school on Friday I gave Ivy 3 suckers. One for her, and two to share. Well, you can see she had other plans for those 3 suckers.

Dracula, Elsa and Olaf ready to head out!

Olaf started out in the wagon, but didn't last long!

Chris dressed up as Tony for Halloween:) Supporting the USMC in Canada.

Below you can see how the people were dressed up at the houses.

Daddy and Queen Elsa and her sidekick Olaf.


For the most part, the candy was the same. They call candy bars "chocolate bars" here which actually makes more sense since they're not really made of candy. And we came across two "chocolate bars" that I don't think we have in the states and if we do, I've never had them. But they are now officially my favorite (hence why I took pics of wrappers...they were gone pretty quick!) Also, thought I would point out that smarties here are called rockets and there's a completely different candy that they call smarties. Who knew:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! Ivy was too cute as Olaf. And didn't Max dress as Tony a different year? I vote Ivy goes as him next year:) Miss you guys.