Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Bachelor in Dubuque!

One of my favorite shows is the bachelor/bachelorette series. Yes, I agree, it's one of the dumbest shows around, but I find it entertaining and I enjoy reading the spoilers before the season starts. (I'm also one who prefers to watch games after I know the final score and almost always read the last page of the book first, but don't find out the gender of my babies...go figure) So, on Thursday afternoon when I was checking facebook while sitting in the carpool line I couldn't believe what I saw. Farmer Chris (the next bachelor from Arlington, Iowa) walking the streets of Dubuque! So I was immediately in touch with my other bachelor loving friends in Dubuque trying to figure out what was going on! (some of them closet bachelor fans:)

Anyway...after a few phone calls/texts to various people we found out that he was staying at the Hotel Julien Dubuque for the rose ceremony after hometown dates. So they were going from 4 girls down to 3. I told my friend Katie that she should hang out downtown that night just to see if there was any buzz. She told me she had bunco so she wouldn't be able to be down there. Fast forward a few hours...

I get a text from Katie telling me that Chris Harrison (the host of the bachelor) and other bachelor producers are eating at the Peppersprout in downtown Dubuque! So I immediately facetimed all the crew at bunco and basically forced them to go downtown. They all packed up and went down there (even Abby in her yoga pants:) and ended up meeting Chris Harrison and Ken Fuchs (the director of the bachelor, shark tank and other shows) Our bunco secret is that we hardly ever actually play bunco at bunco (too busy talking) and when my friends met the bachelor people they called them out on not actually playing!

My friend Kate called me via facetime so I could see him and then eventually I got to have a facetime conversation with Chris Harrison! It was so fun and I couldn't stop smiling for at least 24 hours:) I just love my dubuque mama friends who went down there for me and included me in everything! Some of my friends don't even watch the show and I thought maybe this would convert them! But I don't think so. I had a text convo with my friend Anna and this is how it went:

me: You're sold now aren't you!! You'll be our next victim:)
Anna: Um no. I have 4 kids. I'll go anywhere with my friends lol!

Definitely a night to remember. Here are a few pics:)

That's me on the phone my friend Kate is holding:) Look at all of those smiles!!

The rest are pics of me facetiming with Chris Harrison:)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh my! I don't watch the Bachelor anymore, but I love this kinda stuff! How fun and exciting!!! This season will be much more memorable for you!!