Friday, November 21, 2014

Ivy's birthday party



I decided Ivy's birthday party deserved a post since it was her first party! In true Chris and Beth Hoden fashion, we threw it together in about 4 hours:) I sent a text out to our 2 neighbors on our way home from Calgary the day before her birthday and invited their kids over. I got a text back from one of them saying "do you want ALL of the kids?" Yep, I wanted all of the kids. I didn't care that there was a 9 year old boy in the mix:)

So we decided on a few fun things that a variety of ages/genders would like to do...pin the tail on the donkey, play-doh, hide-and-seek, and of course everyone loves balloons. I bought one of those helium balloon kits from Michaels, a few birthday decorations, some party favors and some pizzas! Chris made some very yummy cupcakes too!




Our sweet neighbor invited all of our kids to go to her house and play a couple hours before the party so we could have a chance to get everything ready. It worked out great and I think the party was a big hit! Ivy loved everyone singing to her, blowing out candles, opening presents and pretty much everything that had to do with the day!

They had to make something out of play-doh that you could find at a birthday party and they were pretty creative!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday, Ivy! Glad you had a great one! Can't wait to see all of you.