Ivy was not interested in sitting in the pew at church with her class before her turn to go on stage. I was a little worried that she wouldn't go on stage, but when it was time she went right up there with her class! There were lots of people there, but thankfully it didn't seem to phase her. She didn't really sing her song (she must have been worn out from
Max and Mya's school performance was amazing. This little school put on quite the show last night. Their junior choir sang a few songs and then each grade also had a performance. Max sang his solo again and did even better than last time. He knew what to do with the microphone this time and didn't miss a note. We were pretty proud parents. Mya, being one of the shorter kids, was up front the whole time and was so into the music! She was swaying/dancing to the beat with a huge smile on her face the entire time. A conductor's dream:) I have to say there are some advantages to being short and her being in the front row was definitely one of them! Ivy did pretty well during the performance and we only had to take her out for the last two songs of the evening.
Mya is in the front row center wearing the same outfit as Ivy. The bottom picture you can see Max up in the front left on the microphone.
Today they have pajama day and Christmas parties so they were pretty excited to go to school. When I was in Mya's classroom this morning they had already done announcements and sang O'Canada and Mya still hadn't taken her chair down from her desk or put her shoes on. She was just so excited she couldn't concentrate! Poor teacher:) After morning reading they invited parents to the library for coffee and gingerbread cookies. What a difference 4 months makes...we did the same thing on the first day of school too. At that time I left one crying kid, one super sad/nervous kid and Chris and I walked into the library not knowing a soul and both wondering what the heck we did to our kids. Today I had more than one table of friends there, Max and Mya were begging to leave for school early and Ivy was running around the library like she owned the place.
Merry Christmas to all of you! I sincerely hope you have a wonderful time with all of the people you love. I know we will be doing the same:)



No comments:
Post a Comment