Max and Mya had a performance with their junior choir at school at the Festival of Trees in downtown Edmonton. It was such a great event all around. We loved walking around looking at the trees, participating in the kids activities and of course watching M&M perform. Max had a solo for one of the songs that they did and he did really well. (you can watch it here)He got that from Chris...I wouldn't want any part of that! Afterwards we saw Santa and celebrated an awesome performance with lunch at one of our favorite places, Earls.
On Wednesday the 3rd I took off for a little girls weekend! I had been anticipating this for a long time. Two things came up with two different groups of friends and they both fell on the same weekend so I knew it was meant to be! The trip was good for all of us. I needed a little break and Chris was excited to to spend some extra time with the kids and learn the ropes for getting them to where they need to be, making lunches, packing backpacks, etc. (He did awesome btw) I flew into Minneapolis early Wednesday evening and had a very enjoyable 2.5 hour ride home with my dad! Most of the time when I call home I talk to my mom so it was nice to have some good conversation with my dad and catch him up on everything over the past couple of months. We stopped for Culvers (I miss that place!) and then got to see my aunt and uncle's new house just north of Decorah. We pulled into my parents house at 9:30 and had a glass of wine and my mom waiting for me! We caught up a bit and then I went through all of the packages I had mailed to myself there:) It felt like Christmas.
Thursday I went down to Dubuque and did about as much as one person could do over the next 24 hours! I saw some great friends, got a tour of the addition on the school M&M went to last year, spent some time with some of my favorite kiddos, went to an awesome party with my bunco crew, had a beer at the dog house, went to a playdate, drank lots of coffee, had lunch at Panera (another place I miss!) visited some old neighbors, drove by my old house, and probably more that I'm forgetting! It was a great 24 hours and I miss those people so much!
Me and my fairy goddaughter Clara:)
Friday I drove to Decorah and all of my roommates from college came for the weekend! It started with us possibly going to Christmas at Luther, but we ended up not going to the performance and instead just enjoying all of the festivities of the weekend and catching up! We saw the Decorah Holiday Parade on Friday night, hopped around to all of our favorite establishments, enjoyed some Mabes pizza, and actually turned in earlier than most other nights we all get together! (1:30am) Saturday we did some shopping, some eating, I got to see my cousin Kelsey play basketball and had our little gift exchange among my friends. It was so great to all be together and we picked up right where we left off!
taking pictures with a timer is so much fun:)

Sunday Rachel and Megan got up bright and early with me and they dropped me off at the airport in MSP at 9:45 for my 11:30 flight. Everything went smoothly and by 1:30 I was on my way to Mya's gymnastics holiday party in Edmonton! Quick trip, but so so worth it and I'm so thankful I got to go! Chris was worried I would come home sad, but I told him not to worry...I'd be going back in less than 2 weeks:) He didn't think it was very funny!
This weekend we had a lot going on! Max had soccer, Chris had to do his annual shopping trip the week before Christmas, we had a holiday party at some friends from the kids' school and we had a little neighborhood playdate with some neighbors we hadn't met yet! It was a nice way to end the weekend...wine and a playdate. Can't get much better than that!:)
imagine that...Ivy is eating the candy off of the gingerbread house!



1 comment:
So glad you got to see friends and get some girl time! It's amazing you have already been there 6 months! Wowzer! Glad you will be home for the holidays too...I'm sure those grandparents miss the kids!
Your Christmas card is on its way, but maybe with not enough postage. :/ Hope you don't have to pay! Ha!
Merry Christmas! Julie
Post a Comment