Day 305: November 1st and Chris and the kids were playing baseball outside! I'll take it:)
Day 306: I love daylight savings time. This was taken at 7:15. Ivy was sleeping and these two were enjoying a few minutes of iPad time in Max's bed.
Day 307: Ivy had her first day of gymnastics on this day! She loved it and loved wearing her "gymnastics" which is what she calls the leotard:)
Day 308: Big day for the Hodens! We are so proud of Grandpa David for all of his hard work this year on the election!
Day 309: Max almost missed the car on this day after school because he was reading his book. I love when he gets into books and doesn't want to put them down. He is a tough kid to get to start a book, but once he does, he loves to read. I'm a lot like that too.
Day 310: This day was my first ever (I think) 2 photos per day:) Ivy started preschool so as of 12:45pm this was the most important part of my day. BUT...around 8pm things took a turn and I got to facetime with Chris Harrison so Ivy was bumped and my facetime screen shot quickly took her spot!
Day 311: We went to Calgary for the weekend and Mya asked if she could help me pack. I would never turn down help with packing...I hate packing!
Day 312: Our fam at horsethief canyon.
Day 313: Chris and the girls in our hotel pool. I've said it before...our kids love a good hotel pool!
Day 314: We were home from Calgary for 5 minutes and the kids were already dressed and out the door to play in the snow.
Day 315: Ivy Anne turned 3 today!
Day 316: Nice, much needed haircut for Maxwell.
Day 317: Slow day for pictures this day. Chris and I had a date night and I wanted to take a pic of the two of us, but I forgot so I took one of him getting cash out to pay the sitter. My sister claims this is the worst instagram picture she has ever seen. She's probably right.
Day 318: Chris took Max to the hockey game, we put Ivy to bed and Mya and I did our nails!
Day 319: We went downtown Edmonton for the lighting of the big tree and fireworks. It was really chilly, but a super fun night to be out with 10,000 crazy Canadians who braved the cold!
Day 320: The dad of one of Max's friends from school invited our family to go sledding at a nearby hill. It was fun, but really really cold! (there's a theme here...)
Day 321: People have been telling me about how in the winter when you go to public places a lot of times you will have to take your shoes off at the door. Seemed strange at first, but the more I've been around it the more it's becoming normal! Here's a pic of the entrance to the orthodontist office. It sure makes the floors stay cleaner a lot longer!
Day 322: Ivy celebrated her birthday at school on this day! She had the never ending birthday and this picture is totally perfect for the kind of kid she is these days...totally sweet and sassy. She says the funniest things like "Don't worry mom" and "Great job mom, you figured it out!" The other day we were walking in the snow and I was holding her. She looked back over my shoulder and said "Mom, look at your paws!" (she meant footsteps;)
Day 323: I don't understand Minecraft and I don't really want to understand it. Doesn't seem to be a point to it, but M and M love it. Mya created this in one of her worlds and showed me and I actually thought it was pretty cool!
Day 324: Ivy and Mya play together so much. If Ivy isn't super tired it usually goes really well too. On this day they were playing house and were sleeping on their beds made of blocks. I hated to tell them it was time for bed because they were playing so nicely.
Day 325: Ivy put these gingerbread window stickers up and I said on instagram that I bet they would last an hour and I'm pretty sure it didn't even last that long.
Day 326: To keep with tradition, we got our tree this year from Home Depot. It was quite the authentic experience for the kids:)
Day 327: We put a tree upstairs for the kids and let them decorate however they wanted. I walked upstairs to find Max up on the window sill trying to put ornaments on the back side of the tree!
Day 328: We had this day off of school and it was above freezing so I took the kids and neighbor kids sledding. It was so fun. Ivy went down more than the other two and required no assistance getting her sled up the hill!
Day 329: Mya and I watching the finale of our favorite show Dancing with the Stars.
Day 330: My happy place lately...sitting on the couch catching up on some tv while looking at the Christmas tree! This night Chris was also doing some work.
Day 331: Nothing says Happy Thanksgiving like picking up your kids from school in a blizzard!
Day 332: Good thing my kids love to play in the snow. It appears we will have a lot of it. Max is in the first of what will most likely be many, many igloos. We got close to 18" last Thursday/Friday!
Day 333: Big day for the kids. After watching Max and Mya's performance at the festival of trees by their school choir(and Max had a solo and rocked it!) they got to visit Santa. (hope to have a separate post on that next week!)
Day 334: Mya had the neighbor girls over for a playdate and some nachos while Max was at a friends house for the afternoon.



1 comment:
Do tell me, are there many snow/cold days off of school there?! We would never have school if we had that much snow all the time! I love that you have to take your shoes off everywhere! We would fit right in:-)
Post a Comment