Monday, February 2, 2015

January one-photo-a-day



Day 1: Back at it! With being sick and super busy with kids, etc. my mom declared that we hadn't drank enough wine together over Christmas break. So we fixed that problem!
Day 2: I helped my sis-in-law with some grading and came across my cousin's paper:) I decided she deserved a 20/15 just for being such a great kid!
Day 3: We weren't in the door more than a few minutes and the kids were already assembling their lego sets that Santa brought! It's hard to open presents and then run out the door for the airport. Next year we'll have to figure out a better system so they have a little more time at home over the Christmas break.
Day 4: It was so great to get Chloe back home! She did great staying with one of Chris's co-workers on the 23rd floor of an apartment complex downtown:) She has slept in Max's room for the past few months and just recently he decided she needed a bed to sleep on so we've been pulling out the trundle for her. #spoiled


Day 5: It's Bachelor Monday!! I love Mondays and I love that Chris isn't afraid to admit that he likes to watch with me too:)
Day 6: I met Chris for lunch on this day and we had some leftover chicken fried rice. (my favorite) I took Ivy into preschool and when I came back out to the car this is what I found! She was looking pretty guilty.
Day 7: This sweet photo of my niece Quinn had to be my photo of the day on this day. How adorable is that little girl!!?!
Day 8: I didn't take any pictures on this day, but I took a screen shot of the place Chris and I went for his Work Christmas party so I could get the address! We had a fun night with his co-workers.


Day 9: We don't have time to run home after school and before Mya's gymnastics starts so I usually let the kids play for a few minutes at the gym. Ivy and Max love running around and playing with all of the equipment.
Day 10: We were the only ones at the skating rink on this day! It's nice that we have an outdoor rink just a mile from our house with a warming house as well.
Day 11: Won't be long until we need to upgrade to a bigger sled in order to get them all to fit!
Day 12: Ivy and I sometimes go to Ikea for the $1 breakfast and free coffee. We walk around the store to burn time and Ivy loves it. We usually walk out with something we don't need. Those Ikea people know what they're doing....


Day 13: I got in the mode of taking a picture of gas prices for awhile and texting them to Chris. We couldn't believe how low they were getting! Gas was $1.28/liter when we got here ($4.80/gallon) and the lowest it got was $.66 which is $2.47/gallon. Back home we always talk about low gas prices fondly, but you have to be careful around here in oil and gas country. People are losing their jobs left and right due to the low price of oil.
Day 14: I joined a mom's morning at a local church. We got to pick from several different books to study and I chose Bringing up Girls. So far I'm not super impressed, but hopefully when I get more into the book it will get better!
Day 15: Say it ain't so! Target is leaving Canada. Truth is, I hardly even went. The shelves were empty and they didn't have a lot of the stuff they said they had in the ads. It was kind of a joke so I'm not too surprised.
Day 16: I helped in Max's room on this day with a soapstone carving project. The kids had fun with it and I learned more than I would ever need to know about soapstone!


Day 17: Not a bad view! Max and Mya's first trip to the mountains skiing.
Day 18: The kids and Chris had lots of fun making snow angels and then jumping into the warm pool!
Day 19: Ivy has lots of different obsessions at different times. The obsession on this day was that bear. I turned around at subway and saw her feeding a sunchip to her bear! (and yes she has no shoes on, but most people leave their shoes on at restaurants...Ivy is just used to taking them off wherever she is!)
Day 20: Ivy's first swimming lesson. She loved it and can't wait to go back each week.


Day 21: I felt like a bad mom because I was laughing so hard and taking pictures as my kids were walking to the car falling down on the ice! Secretly I think they had a lot of fun too:)
Day 22: 48 degrees in January? I'll take it!
Day 23: We need a new favorite show for Ivy. She has been getting into Peppa Pig and now she talks with a British accent! She calls me mummy:)
Day 24: Max's last soccer game of the season. Can't say any of us were too sad to see it end:)


Day 25: Ivy doing some fierce winter biking!
Day 26: It's time for visuals around here.
Day 27: Chris took Max to his first NHL game. The Minnesota Wild were in town so they went to the game and had a great time.
Day 28: Max and Mya love the game apples to apples and we play it together at least a few times a week. This night we played while they ate ice cream and chocolate chip cookies too:)


Day 29: Ivy was sick on this day and I tried to get her to take a nap for 2 straight hours, but she refused. Only to fall asleep on the couch 10 minutes before we had to leave to get Max and Mya from school!
Day 30: We got some much needed snow to cover up all of the ice. Ivy and Chloe enjoyed some time outside together.
Day 31: Our local ice rink wasn't open (and there was no reason that I could see) so I shoveled the rink myself so they could skate for a bit! I felt like a true Canadian:)


One last thing...in case anyone is interested you can click here and see Mya doing a cartwheel on the low beam at gymnastics. It's something she has been working on and they put it on the website. When you click on this link you'll scroll down 10-12 videos and see "Mia's 1st cartwheel on the beam" (yes I know they misspelled her name) and then you can watch. Don't blink or you'll miss it:)

No comments: