Maxwell: Speaking of "Maxwell", that's the name he gets called at school! On the first day of school his teacher asked what he would like to be called and he said Maxwell so that's what has stuck with the kids. It's strange to hear other kids before/after school calling him that, but at least I like the name! So let that be a lesson...if you're going to give your kid a name that will usually get shortened, make sure you like both versions because you just never know what they will be called! He has a big birthday coming up so I'll save a lot of my update on him for his birthday post. He is in gymnastics and swimming right now and really likes them both.
Mya: She turned 6 1/2 recently! I was going to make a big deal out of it like I usually do, but when I said something about it she automatically thought party and presents so I kind of backed off a bit:) She is loving school right now. She was the star student last week and then this week they celebrated the 100th day of school and on Friday will be a Valentine party so she is in heaven! Her teacher is amazing. I spend most mornings in her classroom for the first 15 minutes of the day and I don't know how she does it. Those kids have tons of energy and they're all over the board with their reading skills so she definitely has her work cut out for her. Mya is doing really well in gymnastics and has her first competition next weekend! She loves family game nights. We've started getting into Apples to Apples, Rack-o, Sequence, Monopoly, Qwirkle, etc. and she plays to win! Still no loose teeth...she wiggles them a lot in hopes of finding one loose but no luck so far!
Ivy: Ivy is doing pretty well too! She hasn't asked for her paci in over a week (even though she randomly found one last week in a drawer! I told her it was dirty and she didn't really put up a fight) She is sleeping in her own bed now and goes to bed really well. I read her books and then Chris tucks her in and she goes right to sleep! She loves her school and her church nursery that she goes to on Wednesday mornings. I even dropped her off at the Ikea playland the other day so I could walk around the store by myself and she didn't even hesitate about walking right in. She's starting to become interested in letters and numbers so we're working on that a little bit. Listening to her read her books to her babies/stuffed animals melts my heart. Especially when she reads them the same way I read them....usually leaving off a word or two at the end of a page for Her to fill in. She does the same thing with her dolls:)
Chris: Next Tuseday (the 17th) will be officially one year since he started his job. They just started a second shift at the factory which was very exciting and there have been some other good changes happening there as well. He doesn't have to travel until the end of April so we're really loving that! I read recently that women need to say 20,000 words a day and men only need to say 7,000. My friends in Dubuque used to take the brunt of those 20,000 over coffee and playdates, but now Chris is the lucky one:)
Love these 4:)



No comments:
Post a Comment