What I'm reading: I am still reading "Bringing up Girls" by Dr. James Dobson. I really like parts of it and I really dislike parts of it too. I enjoy the discussion with other moms so much and really look forward to it each week. I have found that I really enjoy conversation with people who don't agree with me on everything. It has made me think a lot and make sure I know why I believe what I believe.
What I'm reminiscing about: Max's birthday is coming up so I've been thinking a lot about the weeks leading up to his arrival. I had him on a Saturday and we missed the entire week of school before that. Plus he was 10 days early so I really was not prepared for the sub! I've also been thinking about how I went back to work when he was 8 weeks old. Living in Canada now where women get 1 year off it just seems outrageous to me that I did that!
What I'm looking forward to: Mexico!! We are leaving in 9 days for the beach! Kids are coming with us and we're so excited. Chris just texted me and said, "I just saw my hand on a virtual conference call. Holy whiteness!" We're pretty excited to spend 7 days relaxing and sitting by the pool and getting some color on this pale skin of ours!
What I'm loving: This is going to sound strange coming from me, but I'm loving working out right now! I joined a place called Orange Theory. It's heartrate based interval training. I go 2-3 times per week for an hour and get an amazing workout. It goes super fast and I'm actually enjoying running for the first time in my life. (gasp) Part of why I like it so much is afterwards I get an email with a summary of my workout that tells me how much time I spent in each heartrate zone and how many calories I burned. Instead of worrying about how much pain I'm in during the workout, I'm focused on what zone I'm in and what my stats will look like at the end.
What we've been up to: We had Family Day on Monday so took advantage of a nice long 3 day weekend! We went swimming, had a date night, I took Max and Mya to Beauty and the Beast at the University, we spent some time with our neighbors, went to an open gym activity day at the University and got to play some tennis, basketball, etc., and the kids had a playdate! It was one year ago that Max, Mya and I came up here to meet Chris and look at houses and schools. Crazy!
(kids and neighbor kids getting ready for Beauty and the Beast to start)
What I'm dreading: The mess that spring brings with a dog. It's a nightmare dealing with the mud and wet paws nonstop.
What I'm working on: I'm working really hard on trying to get the kids to help out more around here. They are far more capable than I think and it's not their fault that they don't do anything around here. I've never made them! So it's time and they're doing okay with it...we still have a long ways to go, but little by little we'll get there.
What I'm excited about: I'm excited for the weekend to get here! Mya has her first gymnastics competition on Saturday morning. We are going to do some packing for our trip and Mya and I are going to get a pedicure together on Sunday!
What I'm watching: Right now we're watching The Bachelor (of course) and also our regular shows Nashville, Scandal, and Greys Anatomy. I'm also loving the Tonight Show (which I dvr every night) and my favorite daytime talk show Ellen. My sister wants me to start watching Parenthood on Netflix so I am going to try to do that soon!
What I'm listening to: My kids are really into Taylor Swift right now so I feel like I listen to her a lot. Max is really into lyrics and making sure he gets them right. In Bruno Mars' new song "uptown funk" there's a line that says "Don't believe me just watch" and Max thought it said "Don't believe in Saskwatch!"
What I'm annoyed by: The roads and drivers. They DO.NOT.PLOW here. I don't know why. Friday night we got 8 inches of snow and by Saturday night we were driving to dinner on main roads that were still not plowed. Main roads. 4 lane roads with huge piles of snow down the middle and on the side of each lane. Our neighborhood has turned into a one lane road where if another car is coming one of you has to pull over. They have no city ordinance that says you can't park on the street at certain times in the winter so cars just stay on the street all the time and when they do eventually come and "blade" (usually a week later) the cars just get plowed in. Drives me absolutely crazy.
What I am hoping for: Safe flights, healthy children and good weather in Mexico!



5 comments:
Very cool idea! What a fun way to get a glimpse into your life at this moment! Super jealous of Mexico, have fun!
I've already started my blog JUST like this.
Great steal, sis and great post :)
I, too, am jealous of Mexico!!!!
Yay--love pedicures, year long maternity leaves (what?!), and Mexico! Enjoy your fun weekend! :) And your trip!
Love this entry!!! And absolutely you MUST watch Parenthood. My mom "forced" me to start watching it two years ago so she would have someone to chat about it with, and it is seriously the best show ever. Grab your tissues, though, because pretty much I cry every episode. :-) Also, we all so miss sharing those 20,000 words a day with you! :-)Buen viaje!!!
YOU HAVE TO WATCH PARENTHOOD. I highly highly recommend. :)
Post a Comment