Day 32: Our first Superbowl in Canada! I wasn't really sure if it was a popular event around here so I took the safe route and invited my friend Andi (from Minnesota) and her family over for a little party! We made some awesome, unhealthy appetizers for the game. Doesn't get any more American than that:)
Day 33: Mya was the star student this week! She was so so excited about it and was thrilled to be first for everything and the teacher's helper all week.
Day 34: My mom texted me one night and asked if I had received the package she sent. She wanted to make sure before she threw away her confirmation number. Well, I didn't even though the post office said it had been delivered to my mailbox! I was so mad. I waited a few days and made a bunch of phone calls and ended up just putting this note on my mailbox. (yes, I know neighbor is spelled wrong, but I had to spell it the Candian way!) Turns out...the mailman put it in the wrong spot so he moved it and when I went to check the mail a few hours later, it was there! I was thrilled.
Day 35: Went to Target to check it out...they were packing up inventory. The big liquidation sale was set to start the next day. It was a huge disappointment though...10% off is barely worth the trip over! The line was around the building to get in that first morning. Guessing there were some unhappy shoppers when they got inside!
Day 36: Nothing like a mid-day bubble bath! Sometimes I don't know what to do with Ivy so I just throw her in the tub and she loves it:)
Day 37: Ivy and Mya love to watch Strawberry Shortcake so Max is often foreced to watch it with them. They made this oreo ice cream dessert on the show so he asked if he could do it all by himself and he did! I helped a little with getting it out of the oven and cutting it, but otherwise he did it all.
Day 38: It was freezing this day...chloe did not waste any time when she went outside. She came sprinting back to the house as soon as she was done doing her business!
Day 39: Chris and the kids started building an awesome snow tunnel. When the kids got bored, I went out and "supervised" Chris so he didn't die:) Kids hardly spent any time out there playing with it though so I don't know if we'll be doing that again!
Day 40: I leave notes for the kids in their lunches sometimes and on this day Mya wrote me back:) She is getting really confused with all of the "ou" in Canada as you can see with the way she spelled "lounch"! I also love the way spelled "dotter":)
Day 41: Ivy and I went swimsuit shopping and also came home with this hat!
Day 42: Today was the 100th day of school! They had a big celebration in grade 1 and Mya loved every minute of it!
Day 43: Every once in awhile, the kids will all still go running when Chris gets home! a
Day 44: I guess I'm happy she washes her hands....
Day 45: Our sitter offered to watch our kids for Valentines Day! It was nice to get out for the evening and enjoy some conversation without being interrupted 100 times.
Day 46: I took Max and Mya to Beauty and the Beast at the University. Our neighbors came with us and we had such a nice day. Brunch at a hotel and then the show. It was fun to get dressed up and Max looked pretty sharp if you ask me:)
Day 47: So fun to see the Hotel Julien featured on the bachelor!
Day 48: I saw an article posted on facebook that Chris Harrison (host of the Bachelor) wrote so I clicked on it and was so happy to see what he wrote about the people of Dubuque and of Iowa. "You'll be hard pressed to find better people than the ones in Iowa." #truth
Day 49: Oops...totally missed a day!
Day 50: Mya was proud of herself for washing off the table and setting it all by herself.
Day 51: Matching slippers from Grandma Pat! Ivy got them first and I whined enough that she got me a pair too:)

Day 52: Mya's first gymnastics competition. A superhero fun meet!
Day 53: I don't do selfies very often, but thought this one was pretty cute.
Day 54: I've seen some crazy weather differences between back home and in Edmonton, but this one took the cake. Can't believe what a mild winter we've had here and how cold it has been back home! Now watch, our March/April will be brutal!
Day 55: 4 days until Mexico! Time for Senora Hoden to work her magic on these kids:)

Day 56: Gymnastics shenanigans from Max and Ivy. I love the way Ivy is looking at Max in this pic:)
Day 57: Ivy's latest obsession in painting. I swear it get it out every single day!
Day 58: These crazies had a ton of fun on the "red rollercoaster" at the West Edmonton Mall. They knew exactly where the camera was each time they went by:) Mya wasn't quite tall enough to go solo so bless his heart, Chris had to go with every time! We celebrated Max's birthday with our neighbor girl Avery who turned 8 on the same day as Max!
Day 59: We made it to Mexico! Had some fruity drinks in the lobby while we were waiting to check in:)



No comments:
Post a Comment