Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Super random

I was looking through my phone last night trying to delete some pictures for more storage and decided it was time for a blog post. I take more (okay a lot more) than one photo per day, so lots of them don't get put on the blog. Here goes a random post that is completely out of order!

We had a taste of spring the week before last. It was gorgeous..even had two days in a row where the weather was hovering right around 60 degrees. We had a little happy hour outside with the neighbor and Chris spent lots of time chopping away at the ice in the street trying to get the water to the proper drains. We got the bikes down, scooters out, and every other summer toy that was stashed away under the garage steps. It was short lived as it got much colder last week and then we got dumped on by 12" of snow this last Saturday night.



Speaking of this snow...I know I've mentioned it before and I'm sure people are sick of hearing about it, but I am so so fed up with the lack of snow plowing around here. It stopped snowing around 10am Sunday. Chris went out and shoveled and by noon, our driveway was dry. If only they would have plowed the streets, it would have been the same. What's actually worse is Monday morning when I pulled into the school parking lot, they hadn't cleared the lot. Cars were getting stuck dropping off kids which forced people (including myself) to drop the kids in a non drop off zone. The custodian was starting to snowplow the sidewalks around 8:20. School starts at 8:26. So snow was blowing everywhere as people were walking into school. (most parents walk their kids into school here...they have morning reading in kindergarten through 2nd grade with parents) It's not like the snow was still coming down...it had been stopped for nearly 24 hours. I don't know if it's a money thing or what, but it seems so unsafe to me that they don't plow the school parking lot and sidewalks. Okay, rant is over. Maybe we won't get any more snow and I won't speak of this again until next winter:) Below is a pic of our nice, clear driveway and all the snow still in the street.



Switching gears...we had a fun St. Patrick's Day with the kids. Chris took all three of them to swimming lessons and while they were gone I prepared a surprise green dinner for them. They thought it was pretty cool. Max (our most adventurous eater) surprised us and was not too keen on eating green mashed potatoes and drinking green milk. Eventually he chugged his milk after we gave him enough grief about it!



We bought roof top carrier for our Acadia recently. We are all ready for our visitors! Please excuse the disgustingly dirty car. They put sand on the roads here instead of salt so the cars are just a wreck all the time.



Mya and my favorite show Dancing with the Stars is back on! She loves to watch and now thinks she needs to control the remote too! Oddly enough, her favorite this season is Suzanne Somers! I'm rooting for Farmer Chris to not look like a fool each week and I'm rooting for Rumer Willis to win the mirror ball.



Last week Max and Mya had a dance variety show at school. We weren't really sure what it was all about and I didn't tell Chris with enough notice so he couldn't make it. It ended up being really neat and the kids did a great job. Mya was super nervous to dance with a boy and even lost some sleep over it! The night before the show she came downstairs well after we thought she was sleeping and said she was going to be brave the next day. She did great even though I knew she was very nervous. Max wasn't nervous at all and even participated in an extra volunteer ribbon dance. I didn't get many pictures because I was videoing with my good camera for Chris, but you can kind of get the idea.



We haven't kept up with college basketball much this winter, but once March Madness came around, we were all on board! Unfortunately all of our Iowa teams are out, but it was fun while it lasted. The kids had fun picking teams and laughing at how Ivy pronounced the teams and which ones she picked! Turns out, she has no allegiance to the great state of Iowa:(



And lastly, this awesome guy below could use some extra prayers if you are willing. He is in for a fight over the next few months with some cancer treatments. He needs all the strength he can get to fight this and if any 90 year old man can do it, this is the one. He's amazing and I know God will be watching over him through this battle. We love Grandpa Bill!

No comments: