Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Max is 8!

Dear Maxwell,

Happy Birthday to you from Mexico! We are celebrating your 8th birthday from the Riviera Maya at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort! I asked you a long time ago if it would be okay to be gone away from school for your birthday and you said it would be great which was just the answer I was hoping for:) Not sure if we're ever going to be able to top swimming with dolphins on your birthday though! This morning when you woke up you told me you were so happy to be 8. When I asked you why, you said because it feels so much more comfortable to be an even number! Here's a little about what you're like right now.

You are a pretty cool kid...feels like we hit the jackpot with you most days. You are respectful of others, sensitive and very caring. You are an awesome help with your sisters and Chloe. You feed Chloe and let her in/out without being told. You often help me with Ivy...either distracting her with playing or helping her get dressed, get her shoes on, get her a snack/drink, etc. You are very into money....you love counting it and are saving it for a playstation 3. I offered you a birthday party with some friends in your class or I'd give you the money instead and you chose money. I was thrilled. So much easier for me!

You love to learn more than anyone I know. I think that's why your favorite subject in school is social studies because it's all brand new material. You love to do "research" on the computer and check out books at the library on topics you're learning in social studies. You're also very interested in math and are starting to do some multiplication and division on your own at home. From what I can tell, the kids at school really like you and look to you to be a leader in the classroom. Your teacher Miss Pickle has such great things to say about you and being that your desk has been in the back of the classroom since Day 1, I'd say you're pretty well behaved:) You are a super social kid and can make friends with any kid and any adult in most situations. In fact here at the resort, there are several people who know our entire life story because of you! Your ability to talk with adults will serve you very well someday.

You are starting to come around to wearing jeans and actually prefer to wear them most days! I wasn't sure that day would ever come. You are always very aware of the weather, what specials you have that day (PE or music) and that determines what you wear. Now for some stats and other bits of info...you are 55 pounds, 49 inches tall, wear size 1 shoes, sometimes 1 1/2, your favorite color is violet (go figure), you want to be a CIA agent when you grow up, your USA best friend is Owen and your best Canadian friend is Preston, your favorite tv shows are Wild Kratts and Arthur, favorite food is sushi (That's my boy!!), favorite drink is milk, you're starting to not be so obsessed with Minecraft (thank goodness) but pokemon is a new favorite thing for you, you laugh out loud at tv shows just like your dad, and you are super interested in foreign language. Next year you will start to learn French and you're excited about it. You have not lost any teeth in the past year, but you have 4 that are hanging on by a thread right now. You've done great with your expander. It will come out in June and then we will begin the next round of orthodontic treatment which will be to bring your lower jaw out farther with another appliance.

You want to do every activity imaginable (karate, soccer, basketball, football, piano, hockey, gymnastics, art class, golf, cooking classes, ski lessons, I could go on an on) but you LOVE the afternoons/evenings that we have nothing going on, so I haven't signed you up for much. You're doing swimming lessons and gymnastics. Outdoor soccer starts in May and I think I'll sign you up for piano next fall when Mya can do it with you. We also hope to get you back into basketball next fall since We missed the sign up for this year. The nights that we don't have much going on, you love to play a family game after Ivy is in bed. Usually your choose apples to apples, chutes and ladders, or Monopoly (the adult version of course...because you love to "do business" with us and try to get as much property as possible and fill them all with houses and hotels!)

That's you in a nut shell! Love you so much!

Love, mom



March 3rd, 2007


March 3rd, 2008


March 3rd, 2009


March 3rd, 2010


March 3rd, 2011


March 3rd, 2012


March 3rd, 2013


March 3rd, 2014


March 3rd, 2015

4 comments:

Cassie said...

What an awesome kid!!! Happy 8th birthday, Max! Shea was so excited about you swimming with the dolphins that he is going to share it during his community time at school. Enjoy the rest of your awesome vacation!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday Max! I love looking at all your birthday pictures and seeing how you've grown. I can't wait to hear about swimming with the dolphins!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, again, Max! A great 8th year recap by your mom. A little more money is coming your way in case you would be a little short for the playstation3. Grandpa loves to hear that you're "saving" :)

Tracy said...

I think I say this every year, but I can't believe he is 8! He is a great kid and we wish him a Happy Birthday! You should have had his party in Mexico and flown us all down to celebrate ;)