Saturday, May 23, 2015

Miss Mya

Tonight was a big night for this little girl...she lost her first tooth!! May not seem like a huge deal, but she has been waiting ever so patiently for quite awhile to lose one. I know it's not the case, but to her it seemed like she was the last 6 year old on the planet that hadn't lost a tooth! So happy for her that she joined the club:)



Mya has been really coming into her own lately. The first week of May she volunteered to be in the talent show at school. She did a gymnastics routine and totally nailed it. I was shocked that she wanted to do it in front of her school...I even tried talking her out of it because I thought she would be too nervous. (I can't believe I tried talking her out of it!) Then last Wednesday she was chosen to speak at the volunteer assembly at her school. She got up on a microphone in front of 500 students/parents and did great. She spoke loud, didn't jumble her words and was overall super confident. Looking back...I think I was holding her back because I just assumed she would not want anything to do with that type of thing. It was more up Max's alley than hers or so I thought. I'm so glad she pushed through and did it anyway!

And as always..she's my number 1 helper when it comes to Ivy. Those two play so much and so well. (most of the time) Ivy is not the easiest person in the world to deal with, but Mya does as well of a job as anyone could.


At the end of every gymnastics practice, they get excused based on who can hold a handstand the longest. For a long time Mya was last, but she has gotten much better lately! Tomorrow is her 2nd competition so I'll be sure to update the blog with how she did.

She's a big help watering the flowers for now...let's just hope it lasts the rest of the summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, Mya! It is so funny how much of a big deal losing teeth is!