Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Weekend in Minnesota

A couple weeks ago we took a quick trip to Minnesota to see Chris's family. Grandpa Bill turned 91 on May 4th so we wanted to be there for him and to see everyone else! The kids and I flew in Thursday night and had the bumpiest flight ever! I probably said 150 hail marys before the turbulance stopped. We didn't get service from the flight attendants for over an hour because it was so rough. Anyway...we arrived safely and again I found a nice man who helped me out with 3 suitcases, a backpack, 2 car seats and 3 kids! Chris was in Missouri for work that week so he flew in earlier that day and met us at the airport.

We had a wonderful time! The weather didn't hurt either;) Right when I got in the car to leave the airport I noticed all the green grass, flowers and leaves on the trees! We hadn't had that in Edmonton yet (and it's still not all the way there!) I texted my mom that we landed and that I couldn't believe the trees/flowers. She texted back "welcome to the South". Who would have thought I would eventually think of Minneapolis as South! We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday down in Bloomington at Bill's house. When we were there he was right in the middle of 6 chemo treatments. It has made him very tired, but thankfully that is all. He's not nauceous or in any pain. The kids were wonderful and we really enjoyed having some family time.



On Sunday the 3rd, we celebrated Bill's birthday with the entire family. When it was time to sing I just love that Bill sang and pointed at himself:) When you're 91, you can do anything you want.

1 comment: