Sunday, October 11, 2015

What's up?

It has been far too long since I've blogged! I decided it would be a good time to do another what's up blog.

What I'm reading: Right now I'm reading a book for my church group called "The Best Yes" by Lysa TerKeurst. It's about making wise decisions and learning to say no and cure the "disease to please". If you know me, you know this is something that I really need!

What I'm reminiscing about: I've been reminiscing a lot lately! Last weekend we started going through some totes of old photos/cards/souvenirs. It was fun to look through old wedding cards, photos, stuff from my study abroad experiences, etc. I'm happy that our kids will have it so much easier with the whole picture thing. All of their pictures will be digital and they don't have piles and piles of pictures (and negatives) that they need to go through! We were able to throw away lots and condense the pile quite a bit.

What I'm looking forward to: On Thursday I'm taking off to meet up with my college friends in Portland! I'm so excited to see them and spend a few days relaxing at a winery! 6 out of the 7 of us who lived together senior year are going to be able to make it. 6 of us on 4 different flights could get a little tricky, but I'm hopeful that it will all go off without a hitch! I got a pedicure and thought it was a sign that the first bottle of polish I picked up had wine in the name:)



What I'm loving: The weather we had this last week! Yesterday was 72 degrees and sunny here! The kids wore shorts a couple days last week. I think the shorts weather is probably over, but we still have a few nice days left in the forecast.

What we've been up to: We've been pretty busy during the weeks, but trying to keep our schedules open on the weekends. Friday and Saturday nights this weekend we had people over to watch a movie in the backyard and have a fire. It was so nice outside, that we couldn't resist!



What are the kids up to? Well, according to my phone pictures,  Max is busy emailing me photos of himself from a crazy app on his iPad, Ivy had cowboy day at school and was pretty cute and Mya is still obsessed with my cousin Kelsey being named homecoming queen! It's pretty much her dream to be a princess so she was pretty excited to facetime with the queen herself!

                                             





What I'm working on: Being more laid back. I'm so happy that I have such good friends who help me to see the big picture when little things feel like big things. Last week the kiddos had school pictures and before Max left for school, I snapped a pic in his outfit and told him to make sure he wears this shirt for pictures (because last year he took off the shirt I sent him in and wore the blue undershirt) When I picked them up after school, I jokingly asked him if he wore the shirt I wanted him to (because I was 100% sure he would not do it again) and his face went white. He was outside at recess and then had to go to pictures and forgot to go back to his room to put on his nice shirt.  I couldn't believe it! 2 years in a row. The proofs came back this week and of course he has the cutest smile ever! I ordered up some pictures and I guess it'll be a good story:)




What I'm excited about: I have lots to be excited about, but I'm looking forward to all of the holidays coming up! Tomorrow we will celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. (because why not have my all time favorite meal twice in 2 months!?!) Well, to be honest, it's mostly for the kids because I don't want them to be the only kids at school who didn't eat turkey over the weekend;) Also, Halloween falls on a Saturday this year which will be fun, and we just booked our tickets to go home for Christmas, which is only 10 weeks away!

What I'm annoyed by: We STILL don't have a new refrigerator. This process has taken forever. Hopefully sometime in the next week we will get a new refrigerator...all 100% covered by warranty. It has been since the beginning of August that we have been without. Last Saturday when the guy from Whirlpool was here he said it was "unfixable" so he moved it out to the garage with Chris and they brought the old $100 Craig's list find inside so at least we have one in the house.



What I'm hoping for: This coming Thursday is going to be a logistically tricky day with everything we have going on. I leave on a 6am flight. Chris is also leaving to go to Luther Homecoming with his buddies and his flight leaves at 2:30. My parents are coming to Edmonton to take care of the kids and their flight gets in at 1:30. So basically, we REALLY need flights to be on time and everything to go smoothly! I will be able to breath once I know my parents are here and they have picked up the kids from school! I do have a few back up plans, but I'm hoping I don't have to use them!

What I'm praying for: My father-in-law had a rough week with a diagnosis of cardiomyopathy. He had no blockage, so most likely this was caused by a virus and there was nothing he could have done to prevent anything. It's pretty serious and it will be awhile before we really find anything out. In the meantime, he will be resting, eating a low salt/no salt diet and eventually exercising. Please add him to your list of people to pray for. I'm really happy here in Edmonton, but it's definitely times like this when I wish we lived closer to home.

And lastly, my current favorite quote. I've seen this one before, but it always hits home for me!




1 comment:

Julie said...

I always love reading these posts! :) I hope you have a great time with the Luther girls, please give them a hug for me! :) Sounds like life is good and I need to work on the same things you are working on (people pleasing, being more laid-back)! I'm a work in progress! :)