1. Last Wednesday Max and Mya had a spring concert at their school. Both grades performed and then Max also performed in the senior choir. They did a great job! I especially loved the South African song they sang which you can see in the video below. The two male teachers from the school sang the bass for the choir and it turned out great. School concerts get me all choked up!
Mya's class below
2. Yesterday Ivy and I ate lunch with Max and Mya. Once or twice a month you can order lunch from a restaurant and they deliver it to school. It's my favorite day of the month...I don't know why, but I absolutely hate packing lunches. I don't count the number of days of school left, I count the number of lunches I have to make. I volunteer each time they do a fun lunch because it's easy to bring Ivy so I don't have to find someone to watch her. Here she is sporting her Earth Day shirt handed down from Anna Miler to Mya to Ivy:)
3. Speaking of Earth day...it was also Chris's birthday! He had to work all day, but we surprised him with a little party when he got home. I invited a couple people from his office and we made homemade pizzas and one of his friends brought a DQ ice cream cake! It was a fun night for sure.
4. #truth. Honestly, there are so many days I still get caught up in what my kids are involved with...is it enough, is it too much. Should they be learning another language? What camps are they going to do this summer? Are they falling behind other kids their age? And then I see a quote like this and realize none of that is super important. We are just trying to raise nice people.
5. There was a guy that worked with Chris who had a ton of trees fall down in a wind storm and was going to just burn the wood. Chris offered to take it off of his hands so he delivered it one day last week! All split and everything. Lots of fires in our future....if we get some rain and they lift the fire ban that is.
6. Our weather has been so so nice lately. We've been going on bike rides and having some fun park time. Ivy has moved up to Mya's old bike. We got new tires, put some bling on there and put some new duck tape on the seat and she thinks it's brand new! Her little legs can keep up on long bike rides. She thinks she needs to be first so we need a little work on that, but for the most part she does pretty well.
7. One day last week after Mya's gymnastics practice, she asked me to stay and watch a new skill. This is what it was.




2 comments:
Fun post - we are so happy our kids turned out to be genuinely good people! And all married genuinely good people!
Always like these little news into your daily life! Love Ivy's facial expressions too!
Post a Comment