We had Spring Break the week after Easter. With Good Friday included, the kids had 10 days off of school! We all needed it. It was filled with Easter activities, some indoor playgrounds with friends, and lots of relaxing and catching up on stuff around here! (except blogging, clearly:)
(Max zip lining, Max and Mya trying out their new rollerblades the Easter bunny brought and my view every morning on spring break when I woke up..the three kids snuggled up watching Full House on netflix!)
Last Thursday my mom flew in for a few days! We haven't seen any family since Christmas, so it had been awhile for us! I dropped Max and Mya off at the door and they waited inside while Ivy and I drove around so I didn't have to pay for parking! The parking there is super inconvenient and also it's $8 even if you're there 10 minutes! The three of them came out and Ivy was so excited to jump out of the car and see Grandma Pat!
Friday we explored around the city a little bit, did some shopping on Whyte Ave...a place I've wanted to go since we moved here, but just hadn't gotten around to it!
Saturday we drove 2 hours south of here to a little town called Olds for a gymnastics competition. My mom really wanted to see Mya compete at some point and this one worked out for her schedule! (even though it's still tax season!) Mya did great...placing 1st in all four events (vault, beam, bars and floor) and got 1st all around. Definitely picked the right meet for my mom to be at! I'm also so proud of Max and Ivy. It's hard to see your sister win 4 medals and a trophy, but they were so happy for her. Max gave her a huge hug and said great job!
There's lots of waiting at gymnastics meets so Max kept busy with 2 iPads:)
Sunday my mom and I went to church and went dress shopping for all of the weddings coming up this summer. We both found 2 dresses so we should be set! Monday was a hard morning because the kids were going to school after 10 days home and had to say bye to Grandma. Can't wait until we see everyone this summer!
Speaking of seeing everyone....my sis is so close to having baby girl #2! She's due May 4th and so we are entering the window of "my phone will be on at all time just in case!"




No comments:
Post a Comment