Friday, November 6, 2009

Siblings

I get to watch Max and Mya's relationship evolve everyday. Some minutes they are the best of friends and the next it's world war 3 between them. It all depends on their moods. One minute Mya will be pretending to wash Max's hair and he'll say, "Thank you Mya" and then the next minute she tries to wash it again and he'll throw her hand off his head so fast and yell, "Don't touch me Mya!" It's strange. Sometimes when Mya gets hurt, Max will go over and hug or kiss her owie. She usually loves it and it seems to make her feel better. The next time she gets hurt, she throws her body down on the floor and erupts into a violent tantrum if he even comes near her.

I'm just glad I drive a mini-van so they have separate seats and I won't have to draw an imaginary line down the middle of the seats to determine how far one kid can sit away from the other.

Here are a few recent pictures of them playing together nicely. Stay tuned for the not-so-nicely playing together pics:)

Coloring together

Max combing Mya's hair in the tub

Helping me wash windows


It's so interesting how kids can be raised by the same parents in the same way, yet turn out to be so different. Take my two siblings as an example. Wouldn't trade either of them for anything in the world, but man are they strange cats:)

3 comments:

Tony & Tara said...

of ALL the pictures.
Thanks Beth.
Just wait......

Pat said...

I don't think those two look like their parents...

Kelly Escorcia said...

Sibling love! It can be both wonderful and crazy. Love the pictures of the kids... not so sure about the one of your siblings. LOA :)