Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat!

We thought Max loved trick or treating last year. Truth is...we hadn't seen anything yet. This year he couldn't be stopped. He was on a mission and loved every single minute of it. I wish I could have video taped it. We were out with some neighbor kids who were all quite a bit older than him and he hung with them with no problems once he figured it out. He would run up to the house, get some candy and then run across the street to the other house screaming "I got more candy" followed by "No cars!" while he was already in the middle of the street. No worries...there were kids everywhere and plenty of parents in the middle of the street watching over them. Grandma Linda made their adorable costumes. You can tell she has been through trick-or-treating a time or two because she chose the brightest colored M&M's out there and it helped us out numerous times when we lost Max in the shuffle with the other kids. Mya hung in there for 1 or 2 houses, but then she had to be retired to the stroller because she couldn't keep up. My niece Olivia (and Brian and Amanda) came down for the weekend and she hit up the Halloween scene for a few minutes, but had to retire early because she had a cold and they didn't want to make it worse.

After trick-or-treating, we went to the neighbor's house for chili and a fire. It was fun and the kids were super duper tired when we finally went home. Too bad they don't understand daylight savings time and they were up at 6:00 this morning. I could definitely use a nap right about now...:)





4 comments:

Kel said...

CUTE COSTUMES! Looks like you guys had fun. :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Love the M&M costumes; what a great idea. I'm so happy Max had SO much fun this year running around trick-or-treating and hanging with the older kids. Fun!

Brian Thomas said...

I totally laughed outloud at Max's comments! So funny!! The kids look VERY cute in their costumes. Isn't halloween fun?!! :) Katie

Unknown said...

It sounds like Mya will have some work to do for her to be able to march in parades next summer...Max on the other hand will be perfect and I think he'd be good at door knocking with Grampa David! Very cute!