Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas gifts

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love presents..both giving and receiving. I get to go shopping and buy gifts for all of my favorite people! I love finding the perfect gift..one that the recipient really likes/needs, is surprised when opening it and is in my budget. I do have one person I shop for that isn't much fun and he's not a regular blog reader, so I don't think it will get me into any trouble:) My brother has come up with some weird traditions in his day (the turkey trot being one of them) Here's another. One year I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he gave me the following list: toilet paper, deodorant, soap, tooth paste and white undershirts. I took it as a joke, but gave him that anyway. Since then it has become expected that I get him this gift! Each year I walk into my parents with neatly wrapped presents and a giant bag of toilet paper unwrapped. This year we decided to draw names and guess who I got....Brian! At least this year he called me and said if I wanted to get him something more "fun" I could, but want he really wanted was the usual. He hasn't bought deodorant for himself in like 4 years! So...the usual it is. Each year I spice it up a little bit and add something or take something off. This year it's advil and a John Deere hat:) Here's the picture of the gift on my wrapping table all ready to be wrapped up! Oh yeah..I'm mixing it up a little bit more this year and actually wrapping the toilet paper!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Too fun! Your brother seems a lot like my brother. What would we do without them??

Mrs. Claus said...

Practical, not much fun, but quite sensitive too. Last year with loads and loads of used wrapping paper laying on the floor he suggested that we (who NEED nothing) buy a token gift for each other and give money to a more needy family/cause :) Other than for grandchildren gifts, maybe some year his idea should become our tradition.

Kelly Escorcia said...

Too Funny!