Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow day

While snow days do not have the same meaning today as they did a couple years ago when I was teaching, they are still pretty fun! This afternoon after naps, we went outside to play in the snow and sled. First, I had to go into our Santa stash to dig out the sled Max was going to get for Christmas! After 15 miutes of putting all of their gear on, I decided this will be a once a week event for the rest of the winter. Whew! They really enjoyed the snow. Max was catching snowflakes, Mya was doing her best to keep the flakes from hitting her face and I was trying to keep their gloves on! Sledding was a lot of work for me, so after we went down our side yard hill a few times, we went inside and waited for daddy to come home from work! After a phone call from Max, Chris came home a little early to do some more sledding. Here are a few pictures of our first day out in the snow of 2009.



This is Max trying to catch snow flakes.


After Chris got home and took Max back out without Mya, she was not a happy camper. I have to give her credit though...since I wouldn't put her coat on, she decided to do it herself! Here she is trying to get dressed to go outside with her big brother and daddy. Note the boots too:)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always tape William's gloves to his coat with duct tape. A trick my dad taught me.