It started with kabob sticks and string and ended up looking like something straight out of HGTV! We went to Menards on Saturday morning to get the wood to build these things. 2 hours later, we were on our way home with 4 hungry children and 2 very tired children. Both of those tired ones were mine:(
Chris did a great job salvaging the sod and leveling the ground where we put the garden and it turned out great. It will perfect for my lettuce, green beans, tomatoes, peppers and carrots. I also planted 5 raspberry bushes from Papa Zach's garden as well as some rhubarb from Grandma Bev. This little project might turn into a second income for me this summer! Watch out Farmers Markets:)
Chris helped build Chris and Amy's (neighbors)garden until they were using flashlights to help as they drilled boards together. One of the other neighbors named their garden "The 8th wonder of the world" so if that tells you anything about the size:) It turned out beautifully and they have kids who will help weed! I'm not going to teach Max how to weed because I'm sure I'll get more help than I want and one day I'll go out and find no vegetables!
Today we went out to Amy's parents' farm and they very graciously gave us 4 huge truck loads of good old Wisconsin soil! The kids had a great time at the farm riding in the gator and feeding the cows. Max was all about the cows, but he won't touch a worm. Mya will hold the worms, but froze when she saw the cows. Since the farm was 45minutes from our house, it took awhile to get all the loads here and dumped in the places it needed to be. Thankfully, the entire neighborhood came out to help and the job got done in a very smooth manner. Here are some pictures of everything!
Here's a sequence of pictures of our garden. Max was quite the helper.
Here's the 8th wonder:)
I wasn't kidding when I said very dirty children.



5 comments:
Holy cow! That is a tremendous amount of work. Good job to you all!
Wow! You put my little garden to shame!
How fun for the kids!!! You'll have to keep us posted on your results....looks like the sweetest gardens I've seen!
It looks amazing - great job!!!
Wow! So fun and really jealous that you have a garden. That's great and it's beautiful. Love the picture of Max all dirty.
-Kel
Post a Comment