Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Uh-oh...now what?

This afternoon started off just like any other normal afternoon around here these days. Mya went down for her nap around 1:00 and Max settled in for some "rest" time on my bed while I finished putting the lunch away and got a few other things done. Then, I got Max and we went downstairs to play. Mya woke up a little earlier than usual and she wasn't happy to be awake. So, I decided to leave her in her bed until she was ready to get up. After a few minutes of letting me know she was not happy with my decision to leave her in the crib, she fell back asleep. That was around 2:00. An hour later Max and I were up in the kitchen coloring and eating cantaloupe when 2 little feet started walking down the hall. At first I was scared because I didn't know what the noise was. Then...I was really scared when I realized what the noise was! Mya jumped/scaled/crawled out of her crib!!!!!! Of all times I wish I would have been watching the monitor. I didn't hear a thud so I have no idea how/when it happened.

I'm really hoping it was a one time fluke and she doesn't continually do this. I may have to take the advice of my neighbor and sew (or rather have Chris's mom sew) her a bag/sack type of pajamas that zip in the back so she can't get her leg over! I'm not ready for the toddler bed yet. 2 kids on the loose in this house could be a major disaster!

(the only crib picture I could quickly locate! taken about a year ago)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh no! Good luck! I've heard of these mesh 'tents' that can go over the crib and keep them in, but I have no idea if they work.

Have you seen this funny parenting-related monologue? Will and I laughed so hard!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry-LwxR746s

Kelly Escorcia said...

Wow! Funny, but scary for you I'm sure. I have a feeling Dylan will be climbing out of his crib earlier then Ava did. Crazy. Hopefully, this was just a one time thing for Mya. If not, I'm sure we'll get to read some fun posts on Mya's dare devilness. :)

Julie said...

Oh yikes! Mallory never slept the same when we switched her to a bed!! Hope it was a fluke! :)