Monday, April 19, 2010

Randomness...

My blogging brain isn't working very well lately so I'm having a hard time coming up with good ideas for posts! So...in order to update my regular readers here's a little synopsis of what we've been up to lately mostly through pictures. Mya continues to be in love with boots and hats. You can find her dressed like this (see below) more times than not. She turned 21 months yesterday. Her talking is increasing everyday. Her newest two word phrases are: "help me", "right there" and "don't know". She also started asking "why" a lot, but doesn't really care what the response is at this point, so it isn't too annoying...yet:) Max and Chris (possibly Chris even more than Max:) enjoyed flying a kite so much these last few weeks when the spring winds were in full force around here. It was pretty funny how the neighborhood kids came running when the kite went up in the air. Who knew a $10 Sam's Club purchase would provide so much entertainment! After paying for one too many $17 haircuts for my little man, we bought some clippers and decided to cut Max's hair ourselves! (well, Chris did. I'm not brave enough) It turned out awesome. Even better than some of the "professional" ones (if you count Cost Cutters as professional.) Speaking of hair...Mya's curls are again in full force. Unfortunately she didn't want to get her picture taken when I wanted to, so this is what you get:)
We have been playing outside a lot lately. Both kids are getting so much better at riding bikes. Here's a video of them showing off. It gets a little long, but I wanted to post it so you could see how fast Mya is on that little thing. She knows exactly what to do and then lifts her feet so she can glide at the end.


We had a much needed kid-free weekend this last weekend. Grandpa and Grandma Huinker took our kids to their house so we could get some things done around here and enjoy some time to ourselves. We exhausted our eating out budget for the next few months, but it was worth it! Chris built some shelves which I am very impressed with and with the help of the green thumb Grandma Pat, we got lots of landscaping done on Sunday. A combination of playing a tennis match on Saturday and gardening on Sunday made for a sore mommy around here! Picture below is for Grandpa David...:)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sweet biking skills!!! And you reminded me to buy a kite! Glad you had a fun weekend with Chris!

Katie said...

Wow! Mya has some awesome bike skills! And I love the hat with the shorts look :)

Kel said...

Wow! I am going to have to show Laine that video of the biking skills. She can't quite figure out how to move quickly yet. :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Cute kite flying pictures and the new garden looks so nice in the background. I like seeing that Chris is now sporting some clippers for the kids. I'm sure Simon can give him a few tips and I just LOVE Mya's curls. Too cute. Glad you had a nice time gardening, eating out and playing tennis. Love the bike video too.