Top 10 things I could not live without these days
10. curb side recycling. This is the first city we've lived in that we have this service and now it might be a deal breaker if John Deere wants us to move again and the city doesn't have it! We fill 2 big bins each week with our recycling and that doesn't include cans/bottles. We still return those for the deposit even though each time we do, we wonder if it's worth it.
9. DVR. Although the summer is a bit slow as far as TV goes, I still enjoy sitting down at night and watching a show or two without commercials.
8. High speed Internet. This is something you don't appreciate until you don't have it. Slow connection speeds are painful.
7. Iced coffee. I don't know who came up with this idea, but whoever it was is a genius. I have a really good recipe for Iced Lattes, so if you want it, let me know.
6. My minivan. Call me crazy, but I was not one of those people who said they'd never drive one or is embarrassed about it. Max can open the doors himself and get into his seat before I even come outside. We never have to worry about where to park because of the sliding doors.
5. Fly Swatters. I don't know if the flies are crazy in other cities or just Dubuque, but seriously we kill like 10 per day.
4. Sams Club. I don't mind shopping alone, but I despise shopping with kids. If I can buy things in bulk I'm going to.
3. My digital SLR camera. Funny moments with a 3 and a 2 year old happen really fast. If I had to wait for my camera between pictures, I'd miss half of it.
2. Eggo waffles. Mya lives for Eggo waffles and since she's not the best eater in the world these have saved us. We made the switch to whole grain ones without her noticing which is a bonus.
1. Swiffer. Seriously. I don't know what I'd do without it. If I knew how to buy stock, I'd buy Swiffer. I use it 2-3 times per day and sometimes more. With kids who brush crumbs onto the floor regularly and a dog who sheds so much it's a miracle she has any hair left, it's a necessity.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ooh, I love my Swiffer as well, particularly my Wet Jet!!
I love your minivan piece...I just can't get to the same sort of peace you are with it though. Maybe in time, and more children someday???
Love your top ten and agree with them all especially the iced lattes and the swiffer (the best for Golden Retriever hair). Kel
Post a Comment