Friday, August 27, 2010

Mommy

When my kids were at an age to begin talking, all I wanted was for them to say Mommy. Of course both of them said da-da first:) I know this word "mommy" is something that I will miss hearing when my kids are older and only refer to me as mom or don't refer to me as anything because I'm not cool enough for them. But there are days around here when I would like to yell....YOU HAVE A DAD! ASK HIM!!

Whenever we're in the car it seems like it's the worst. Max can say mommy 5 times in one sentence and I swear I'm not ignoring him. A conversation will go something like this:

Max: Mommy
Me: Yeah?
Max: Mommy
Me: What, honey
Max: Mommy...do cows drink milk mommy?

Anyway....since this is the norm during car rides, I decided to keep track of how many times Max said "mommy" on the way to Decorah a couple weeks ago. I ran across my tally card in the car yesterday so that's what sparked the post. Do you care to guess? The trip was about 100 miles and lasted 1 hour 45 minutes. Well, he said it ONE HUNDRED TWENTY ONE TIMES!! Yes...1-2-1 you read it right. That was just Max...Mya probably said mommy as much if not more.

Like I said before...I'm sure someday I'll go back and read this post and kick myself for this:)

side note: My friend Marie recently took some photos of the kids. You can view some of them on her blog by clicking here!

3 comments:

ahuinker said...

Beautiful pictures of this kids Beth! Someday I'm going to get around to making copies of Olivia's and Grace's for everyone!

Katie said...

I'm with you on the "mommy" word! My goodness, Carson is in the what/why phase so all I hear is "what mommy?" "why mommy?" :) The photos of your kids are great! You have BEAUTIFUL children!! hope all is well! love, Katie

Kelly Escorcia said...

Love the pics and I'm right there with ya on the whole "mommy" phase. Ahhh. Kelly