Thursday, May 26, 2011

1 year down....lots more to go!

Today marked the last day of Max's first year in preschool! He's a little confused about what "summer vacation" means though! He told our neighbor the other day that he had 1 day of school left and then he would be on summer vacation and she would never see him again! We are so pleased with how the year went for Max. We couldn't be happier with the choice of preschool and with everything they learned. I was able to spend the day with him today in his classroom and it made me even happier that he has one more year at this school and that Mya will be joining him next year! The teachers there honestly love the children and want what is best for them.

I asked Max what his favorite parts of school were this year and here's what he responded: (with a few prompts, but not many)

--crafts
--playing with Bella
--dinosaur and truck centers
--taking a picture with my teachers
--being the cow for our Christmas story play
--bike week (side note: each month there is a week designated as bike week and they go into this big room and ride bikes for 15 minutes)
--Thanksgiving chapel
--my spiderman backpack (followed by...Can I get a new backpack next year???)

For me, the best parts were:
--meeting the other parents in his class and making some new friends.
--our conversations every day on the way home from school.
--having some alone time with Mya each week.
--seeing Max's face each time he came out of the classroom and saw me waiting there. He usually couldn't wait to tell me something.
--seeing his end of the year picture book and all of the progress he made from September until May.
--hearing him talk about "what Mrs. Julie or Mrs. Laura said" as if they were God.


Here's a pic of him with his teachers. I've decided there is definitely a place in Heaven for all preschool teachers. They are the most patient, positive people I've ever met!

2 comments:

Kelly Escorcia said...

Glad you had a great year of Preschool Max! Enjoy your summer. Kelly

Kel said...

Such a sweet post. I love it! School will come quickly again. Enjoy these long summer days!