Friday, October 21, 2011

36 weeks and counting....

Today marks 36 weeks! 3 more to go and the littlest Hoden will be making his/her arrival. Yesterday I had an ultrasound which was really fun. The clinic I go to regularly gives 36 week ultrasounds to check for position and to make sure the fluid levels are correct. I wasn't sure if I would get one because I'm having a scheduled c-section and the position of the baby doesn't really matter, but they said every patient gets one! I've never had an ultrasound this late in a pregnancy so it definitely wasn't alien baby this time. I felt like I was meeting him/her because I saw an up-close shot of the face and he/she even had their eyes open for a brief moment! If the doctor would have said, let's deliver this baby today I would not have objected:) No pictures unfortunately.

Everything looked good and the doctor checked me because I'm going out of town for a wedding this weekend and I wanted to make sure I wasn't dilated. Also my parents are going to California next week to visit my sister so I wanted to give them some peace of mind as well. Not that it still couldn't happen, but she said I was 100% closed so the chances are slim. I asked her to estimate the size and she asked how big my other two babies were. I told her Max was 8-14 and Mya was 7-12 and she said this was more along the lines of the 7-12 baby. We shall see....the morning I delivered Max the doctor came in and told me she didn't think I had a very big baby in there!!

Chris and I are really ready to meet this active baby. Chris read the other night that the movement should start to decrease due to lack of room, but it has done nothing of the sort. We laugh all the time at my stomach and all of the weird positions the baby gets in. Chris's comment every time is the same..."Wow...that can't feel good!" Everyone keep their fingers crossed that there is no flu outbreak in the Dubuque area because then the kids won't be able to come up to the OB floor to see the baby. It will be a long few days for me and them if they can't come for a visit.

That's about all I have to report! Stay tuned....:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO exciting! How does the time go so fast!? (You probably don't feel that way right now!!) Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!