Yesterday I got to experience just how different my kids are when we were in the car on the way to preschool. Mya started telling a story about her friend Livy (no..not her cousin, but her friend who is oddly similar to her cousin) This alone sets Max off. He keeps telling her that she's talking about her cousin Livy, but Mya insists it's someone different! Anyway...she starts telling me this story about her and shortly after she starts I realize she's re-telling me a book that we read once in awhile about some princesses who are trying to save a friend and escape from the evil queen. The only thing is she is telling me this story as if it really happened to her and her "friend". Max was going crazy. He kept telling her that she was making this story up and that it didn't really happen to her. I kept trying to tell Max to just let her talk and it was okay that she was making it up, etc. I wanted to see how far she would take it! So interesting to see how different their minds work!
Well, the story ended rather abruptly with "Was that a good story mama?" which is how all of Mya's stories end:) It's so fun to get her going with her imagination and to see where it will take her. Here's a picture of Mya on the swing at the park with uncombed hair taken with my new iPhone that I am a tiny bit obsessed with:) It is absolutely gorgeous weather here right now, but I know it won't last long!



1 comment:
Must be a boy/girl thing. Sounds exactly like my house! Don't you love it when they can play for hours by themselves with their dolls or whatever?!
Post a Comment