Tuesday, October 4, 2011

garden painting

What a gorgeous week so far! This weather has been unbelievable. A little chilly in the morning and 80 by 3:00 and then cool in the evenings! The leaves are so beautiful and I love how my kids point them out during our drives. They definitely make me more aware of why I love this time of year!

Our afternoons have been getting a little long around here lately. We get home from school around noon and it's quite a long wait until 4:00 when the kids get off the bus! Today Max wanted to paint something (besides paper) so I let him and Mya paint the garden boxes. They had a great time and felt really grown-up! There are a few pictures below. You can tell it's almost Christmas time because our paint supplies are limited. We're down to green and pink only! Time for a refill...:)

Our garden has had so many uses this year. The kids played in it a lot in the spring before we planted anything. Then all summer they were able to watch things grow, then picking veggies, and now play again! Max saw something on Curious George about compost and since then has been obsessed with it. He's always wanting to take leftover food out to the garden to make compost and then he wants to knock on neighbor's doors to deliver it. Lately Curious George has given my kids so many ideas which is great. The problem is the show airs at 7am so they're usually wanting to make something elaborate at 7:27 and that's the last thing we have time for at 7:27!






On a different note...one of my most loyal blog readers is in need of some extra prayers right now. Chris's Grandma Bev is in the ICU in Minneapolis with some internal bleeding (among other things.) She is one strong, stubborn Swedish lady so I know she can get through this. We know she would appreciate any extra prayers you have!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Keep us posted on Grandma Bev! I'll be praying! Good idea on the garden boxes, how fun for the kids!

Kelly Escorcia said...

Thinking of Grandma Bev and cute painted flower box.

The Andersons said...

I will be praying for her, Beth. Thoughts with your family! Bubb