Friday, October 14, 2011

The big room switch

Last Saturday we switched the kids over into one room to make room for #3! It is going remarkably well. They love the bunk beds and so far haven't really figured out that they can talk to each other before going to sleep! Mya still has some of her quirks where she has to hold my hand, get a drink of water, hold my hair, then do the same thing to Chris, but even that whole deal has gotten shorter.

Mya was pretty confused at first. I brought some picture frames of hers into the new room and she said "I have those pictures in my room too!" I tried to explain that these were her frames and that this was her new room, but it didn't sink in for a few days. Max's "no girls allowed" sign had to come off the door and his drawers got all switched around, so those have been the biggest adjustments for him. Our suspicions were confirmed that Mya does have WAY more clothes than Max! The closet is 3/4 hers. I guess it's something Max should start getting used to, because I don't see it changing..:)

They have done pretty well in the night not waking each other up if one of them needs something. Max has had a bad cough the past couple of days so he has ended up sleeping in our room on the floor because the coughing got pretty bad in the night. They also have been getting up a little too early for my liking, but I'm hoping it goes back to normal soon! they have been going to bed earlier because of it getting dark a lot earlier, so I'm okay with getting up a little earlier too.

We have some more decorating to do in this room. I bought them coordinating sheets and I have some ideas for the walls. It's on our list of things to do over the next 4 weekends before the baby comes! Here are a couple of pictures of the bed.




This is a picture I had to include. Mya is such a monkey. I catch her climbing all the time and this was the latest. She is trying to unlock the sliding door to let Chloe out. Since she can't reach it, she has climbed up the glass and is opening the door. Since my camera was handy....:)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Does Mya actually play with your hair or just hold it? I would love her to play with my hair, that's my favorite! Anyway, glad they are doing well together! Mallory keeps asking to bunk in with Brady, but I'm worried her potty breaks will wake him up in the night! Glad to know your kiddoes are doing great with it. And I love those bunk beds!

Kel said...

Those bunk beds are awesome! And the picture of the climber is OUTSTANDING!!!

Kelly Escorcia said...

So fun for bunk beds. Dylan has a bunk bed and Ava has a trundle bed and it's funny how many times they ask to have "sleep overs" in their rooms so they would be super jealous to hear Max and Mya have "sleep overs" every night.