I've got a lot of pictures of recent things on my camera so I decided to post them! Here's what we've been up to:
Max started t-ball. He has been really interested in baseball lately. Chris pitches to him and Mya quite a bit and they're actually pretty darn good if you ask me! So, we decided to put him in t-ball. I was a little nervous because he didn't know what a "tee" was so the first time he was up to bat, he completely took the "tee" out! There were a lot of kids and it moved pretty slow, but I think he enjoyed it and it's a good way for him to learn the basics of the game and being on a team.
Max also had kindergarten orientation last week. He got to meet his teacher and he was pretty excited. His good neighborhood buddies all had the same teacher he is going to have so he thought that was pretty cool. Chris and I got a tour of his elementary school and we were very impressed. It will be a really great fit for us. Funny story....when we went to pick him up in his classroom after the tour, one of the other parents that I knew told me that Max told his teacher that I worked for Facebook:) Out of the mouths of babes at its best! I was of course mortified, but later when I asked him about it, he told me he got book club confused with Facebook and just meant that I'm in a book club. Still pretty hilarious though! I wonder what his teacher thinks of me...:)
We got the swing out for Ivy and she really liked it! I think Mya enjoyed pushing her more though:) On Mother's Day Ivy decided to roll over on a regular basis and now we can't stop her! She is pretty proud of her accomplishment!
We have been doing a ton of yard work this past week. 2 weekends ago we expanded our flower beds with the help of a sod cutter so this past weekend while I was out of town, Chris re-edged it and put mulch on all of the flower beds. I planted a few pots for the first time in my life (I usually let my mom do that job..:) and they actually look pretty decent! Max really enjoyed helping me plant flowers this year. Mya wasn't too interested. The garden is all set and ready to go. This year we planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, and green beans. I also did a few herbs in pots on my deck.
Max and Mya have been doing some painting of our bird feeder and our bird house as well. They thought it was a pretty cool job and I thought it was great because it took up so much of their time and I got other things done!
Sisters:)
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow! Way to go green thumb! I am jealous! The pic of the girls is SOOO precious!
Post a Comment