Friday, May 4, 2012

Operation solid food!

We started feeding Ivy solids about a week ago and she's LOVING it! We started with avocado and it went okay. Not great, not horrible. Then, I went to the good old standard Gerber stage 1 food and she downed it! Apparently the avocado was a bit too thick. Since then, we've done squash, green beans and carrots. She finishes an entire container each evening and although a decent percentage of it ends up on her body and her bumbo seat, a lot of it also ends up in her tummy!

She has to be completely undressed before this operation begins. This is due to the fact that she loves to eat her feet, her hands, her shirt, the bumbo seat, her bib, and pretty much anything else she can get her mouth on! So, it is a lot less work to have her be undressed. Enjoy a picture of this messy almost 6 month old little girl:)


Oh, one more thing. When I said "We" started feeding Ivy solids...what I really meant was "I" started feeding Ivy solids. The whole "mess babies make in the first few weeks of eating" is not Chris's cup of tea:) That's okay by me...the whole "getting up in the night with a 3 year old who has to go potty, but is not really awake so is super duper grumpy and difficult to deal with" is not my cup of tea, so he deals with that! Marriage is all about compromise people:)

2 comments:

Karen said...

You just made me laugh out loud with your second to last sentence. Thanks for the laugh. Love it.

Kel said...

Oh, she is soooo sweet! The messy first days of food are kind of gross...I agree with Chris. However, getting up at night with crabby kids may be worse! Pick your battles, right, Beth?