Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer is here!

This is the end of our first week of summer! It has taken us a few days to find our groove and I don't think we've totally found it yet, but we'll get there! It's a little bit of an adjustment with Max and Mya home every day and having a 6 month old who needs to nap both morning and afternoon! When school gets out for the big kids this week it will make it a little easier because there will be neighborhood kids around that they can play with while Ivy naps.

Max and I made a list of things we want to do this summer. He wants to go to the Madison Zoo, the cabin, grand harbor waterpark, have a lemonade stand, go to the pool a lot, camp in the backyard with the neighbor kids, and have lots of fires! I think we'll be able to manage those things.

Other news...Ivy has her second ear infection:( I'm really worried that she's going to be just like Max and have chronic ear problems until we eventually put tubes in her ears. If we can just keep her "cold-free" we might be able to avoid it, but I'm not holding my breath. She seems to be responding very well to the antibiotics and her ears cleared up the first time so hopefully the same thing happens this time. No teeth coming in yet which surprises me! Max had 4 teeth at 4 months and Mya got her first two teeth right at 6 months. Speaking of teeth...Max has his first loose tooth! He was complaining to me for a few days in a row that his teeth were hurting and I was really worried he might have a cavity. So finally I asked him to point to which tooth it was and sure enough, it was hurting because it was loose!

We got our family pictures taken last week. We scheduled them at 6:45pm to try to get the sun setting and peeking through the trees, but it ended up being a bit too cloudy to get that effect. We were still pleased with the outcome and as usual, Marie did a fantastic job with some not-so-well-behaved kids! I'll post some pictures when we get them.

Brian, Amanda, Grace and Livi came to stay with us this weekend. It's so fun to have the cousins together. They attempted to all sleep in the same room Friday night and it was a bit of a disaster. They didn't go to sleep until 10:00 and woke up at 5am!! Oh well, it was fun while it lasted:) We'll try again in a year or so. We had a great time with them being here!

Have a great week everyone! This coming weekend we're heading to Minneapolis to Chris's cousin's wedding. Max is the ring bearer so we're pretty excited for it!












4 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun summer ahead for you all! I can't wait to see the family pics...and enjoy your trip to Minnesota! I miss all the fun weddings we had in the summers after Luther! :)

Kel said...

You have an amazIng camera! What is it! Looks like summer is off to a good start.

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! If Max loses a tooth before Tate, I will laugh! Tate keeps asking when he will lose a tooth and nothing is even moving yet! :) See you soon!

Katie said...

Hooray for summer! Sounds like you have some fun things planned. Isn't it awesome to have cousin visits? And yes, the group sleepover always ends up in very little sleep for everyone (including mom), but I bet they had a blast! :)