Yesterday my aunt Kathy and uncle John came down to Dubuque to take the kids (and me) fishing! Max has been bugging us for 2 years to go fishing. Problem is, we don't fish! We went over to a pond near our house and thankfully had tons of success! The kids are now both fluent in fishing lingo and have already asked me today (more than once) when they can go fishing again! Even I was putting worms on hooks by the end of the day. The kids each caught at least 10 fish. (for awhile they were keeping track of who got more of course) The smiles on their faces each time they reeled one in was priceless.
John didn't cast his line once, but was busy the entire time putting worms on, taking fish off, un-tangling lines, and patiently explaining why we couldn't keep these fish as pets:) Once they realized we were not keeping them, Max really enjoyed throwing them back and only dropped the fish on the cement once!
I'm not 100%, but I think between Chris and I, we could manage to take them fishing on our own now. We just need a couple of tools and some worms and we should be able to make it happen! If not, I guess Kathy and John will be coming more often:) Next time we give it a whirl, we'll wait until it's not 97 degrees! For now, I hid the fishing poles:)
Monday, July 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I need a fishing lesson as well, Brady is dying to go! Glad you got the inside so you can take the kids! :)
So sweet! That is one thing I do know how to do...we should all meet up and go together sometime! :)
Post a Comment