Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Mya!

Miss Mya Pat,

Today you are 4 years old! I'm so happy for you that your day is finally here! And I'm happy for me too because now you have to eat 4 more bites when you say you're done eating instead of 3!! When you woke up this morning, the first thing you said was, "I can't believe I got to 4 already!" I couldn't have said it better myself:) Where to start...

I'm pretty sure there is no one like you in this world. I don't think there is anyone that can make me so happy and so irritated in a matter of 10 seconds as you can! We laugh at you all the time...the things that come out of your mouth and the faces you make are priceless.

You are starting to be a lot more social. We're working on looking at adults and talking to them when they ask a question and you're getting way better at it. Yesterday you ordered yourself an ice cream cone at the pool which was quite an accomplishment for a couple of reasons. For one, you can't see above the counter so I'm not sure how they knew you were there and two, you had to speak in a loud enough voice for them to hear what you wanted! You are a great friend to everyone. I never have to worry about you at play dates. In fact, some of my friends request you to come over because you're so good to the little ones!

You're around 31 pounds, wear size 8 shoes, 4T tops, 3T bottoms, love finger nail polish and prefer that each nail be a different color, you hate being cold when you get out of the tub, still fall out of bed regularly, are a total grump if you get woken up from a nap too early, love snacks, hate meals, still get confused about what order the meals are eaten each day, yogurt tubes and lemonade are your favorite things in the world right now, the hair twirling has calmed down a bit, but you definitely still do it when you're nervous or tired, you can eat 5 pancakes for breakfast, you're stubborn as hell-very persistent, have very little patience, we don't think you could ever have enough dolls or dresses, you can hit the ball when we pitch it to you more often that you miss, you have a wicked two hand forehand and two hand backhand in tennis, can't quite get the basketball to the rim when we have it at its lowest point, and you're anxiously awaiting your first goal in soccer!

Pretend play is your favorite these days. You want your daddy and I to order food all the time and you're always telling us to "pretend you are..... or pretend you don't see me....or pretend I'm the mom and you're the kid.....etc." You are still into coloring pictures and love me to spell words out so you can write them. You are going to 4 year old preschool this fall for 4 mornings each week. Ivy and I are sure going to miss having you around! Speaking of Ivy, you are just as in love with her as you were the day I had her. You are a huge help to me several times a day. You'd do anything I asked as long as it involved Ivy in some way. I just wish Ivy liked you to hold her as much as you like it. I'm so happy you have a sister and I hope you love her as much in 10 years as you do right now. You and Max have a love-hate relationship right now. Just the other day you told me that Max was doing your buttons. I think you meant he was pushing your buttons:) I love when you play nicely together, but sadly it doesn't happen all that often. Tattling has become the norm around here.

Dr Jekyll and Mrs Hyde. Enough said.

You are still a Daddy's girl. You love to run into his arms when he gets home from work and after 4 years you're finally trained to call for him in the night instead of me! Speaking of night...you are finally what we might call a "decent sleeper!" You sleep through more nights per week than you get up!

We're so happy you are our daughter Mya. We can't wait to see how you change this world:)

Love you lots My-My!
Mommy

July 18, 2008


July 18, 2009


July 18, 2010


July 18, 2011
 
Posted by Picasa

July 18, 2012

2 comments:

Linda said...

Mya,
You're an awesome 4 year old! I'm glad I've known you your whole life.
I love you the mostest!
Gramma Linda

Linda said...

Mya,
You're an awesome 4 year old! I'm glad I've known you your whole life.
I love you the mostest!
Gramma Linda